All Small Six Oil tube leak quick fix.

This relates to all small sixes

65coupei6

Famous Member
Staff member
VIP
I just noticed and small oil leak from where the oil tube goes into the block.

Without pulling out the tube do you think some black RTV will be a good quick fix?

I really don't want to do anything until I come back from my trip with the Mustang. I leave in a few weeks. Whenever I start some project before I leave things happen. 🙂

Hi Marco, I don't think the RTV will work very well for you in this case if there has already been oil leaking there then it won't likely seal very good unless it's very clean. If it were me I would take the time to carefully pull out the Dip Stick Tube using a vise Grip right next to the Block Opening to pull the Dipstick Tube Out you don't need to put much more than very light pressure on it, just barely grab onto it and then work it back and forth as you also put a little upward pull on it. If you worried about damaging it you could also do this other way too by putting the correct size machine screw or bolt that fits closely in the Top of the Tube opening using a vise grip there this way it doesn't distort it. Then clean out the Block Hole and Tube of all the Oil, Dirt, Etc. then use some Permatex Aviation Cement or Gasagcinch and reinstall the Tube shouldn't take you very long to do. Good luck

Back