PVC vacuum line collapsing

Hello, just fired my rebuilt 200 6 cyl mustang. One thing I had changed, and hope I did correct was remove and plug the "road draft tube" installed a chrome valve cover set up for a PVC valve. Purchased a PVC Valve for my car, removed the plug in the carb spacer plate and ran a vacuum line between it and the PVC valve... The oil fill cap on my valve cover is a twist in type and has the filter within the cap.... My problem is that I noticed at idle, the vacuum line is collapsing that I installed. Have I done something wrong or missed something in the change?? Please help, and thanks..

this is not the thread I wuz lookin 4 U
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72168&p=554145&hilit=pcv+system#p554145
but there's several gooduns here. Use the search function @ the very top o' the page - blue horozontial line w/"search" in white ltrs...
I don't think u got ur's hooked up right
#1 a breather cap (1 end on top of VC needs to B open, not clamped down. Not sure what port on carb 2 place other end is - but ur close I think -

Some pictures of your system install would be helpful. That said the problem could be caused by simply not using the correct type of vacuum hose. The vacuum hose should be the heavier walled multi ply hose that is Reenforced, like is also used for a power brake unit. So if you have used the regular common vacuum line tubing there's likely your problem. Good luck :nod:

Back