All Small Six Stalling Issues 1983 200ci Mercury Marquis

This relates to all small sixes
Hi Maketimber, if happens to also do that when the engine isn't wet just warmed up from normal driving then it can be a sign of a DuraSpark II "ICM" that's ready to be replaced. They will often warn you a few times before they go completely out.

Hi Maketimber, if happens to also do that when the engine isn't wet just warmed up from normal driving then it can be a sign of a DuraSpark II "ICM" that's ready to be replaced. They will often warn you a few times before they go completely out.
Thanks, your advice has been very useful on other posts as well as this.

New member here. Just read this entire thread as I'm picking up a 1983 Ford Futura with an I6 200 tomorrow. I found the emissions and vacuum info interesting and complex. I never ran across a vacuum or emissions issue that caused an engine to stop with no spark afterwards. Seems odd that a vacuum controlled switch or selionod would not reset or allow successive starts. Anyway, glad I found this forum and look forward to learning more about this platform. Certainly going to read all the threads about deleting the Ralph Nadar crap. šŸ˜€

New member here. Just read this entire thread as I'm picking up a 1983 Ford Futura with an I6 200 tomorrow. I found the emissions and vacuum info interesting and complex. I never ran across a vacuum or emissions issue that caused an engine to stop with no spark afterwards. Seems odd that a vacuum controlled switch or selionod would not reset or allow successive starts. Anyway, glad I found this forum and look forward to learning more about this platform. Certainly going to read all the threads about deleting the Ralph Nadar crap. šŸ˜€
I think we need a new thread on this for 2024. I still have all the emissions stuff on my car, the bad part in question was the distributor pickup.

Back