Updated 03/2009 - First posted 12/2002 - Aussie 2V owners!

Just ordered mine. I understand the compression ratio on my Big Bell is not that high. Should I leave it alone? Lot's of hot weather here in South Ga and I don't want to run more than 89 octane.

You could run 8.9:1 on 89 octane, or mabe run it 9.0:1 on the same 89 octane. You will still see great performance, or you could run 8.0:1 and install a TURBO 8-10 lbs boost! :shock: ;) In any event you do want to make sure you know what your CR will be before final assembly!

Total count will be 18...........................

8) Once you get good airflow in and get it out through a highflow exhaust you will see a increase. I would run 9.0:1CR and select a cam for your setup. Any of the cam manufacturer should be able to recommend a cam based on your concerns.

Was Santa this good to anyone?

head11.jpg

head4.jpg
[/img]

The whole thing is pretty awesome to be honest. It has a lot of port and polishing done.

Want a set of the headers? Only $199!!!! Available for 2V or US style six. As usual, the best deal in the country :)

Everybody like those last pics from Ausheads, be jealous, be very jealous.

Yes it is mine, I have the invoice to prove it, and the "Hit in the wallet."

I can't wait to get my mitts on it and install it, then I too will be true 2V owner.
Chris Harris

Shucks I guess I was sprung showing off your new toys Chris :oops:

hehehehe

:LOL: :LOL: tailgate competition.that set up looks great. now you have me thinking and that always cost me money...frank..

Thanks for responding everyone! Looks like 20 Aussie 2V here on this site and growing daily, make sure you PM me with your email address so that I can add you to our Aussie 2V owners list when you buy one!

BTW I just changed the carb from a Holley 5200 (270 CFM) to a Holley 500 (really only 358 CFM) I sure felt the difference, I plan on putting it on the dyno this week and posting the results in this forum, so be watching for so new and better numbers from my mostly stock 200 Aussie 2V!

I have to admit I'm foaming at the mouth to see your dyno results. I just received my Aussie head a week or so ago. First, the Machine shop did an awesome job. I had brand new inlarged valves put in, 3 angle job, springs, and bought a cam kit with fresh rods and lifters. Need to get some gaskets, carb and filter. Still debating on whether or not I should just do the entire engine or put on the new parts and pull the engine when I get the rest of what I need for a complete rebuild. Either way I was planning on getting a 500 cfm carb. So I'm dying to see your dyno results with the stock setup.

Well I did put it on the Dyno last week, after installing the Holley 500 (358 cfm) carb! It just feels much better, take off and WOT, just feels like much more power! But on the Dyno it only showed up as 2 hp gain! :cry: I am now at 107 HP to the rear wheels or about 135 at the flywheel. :shock: Remember this is a stock short block 9.5:1 CR, Stock Ford Cam, Aussie 2V head, stock valves 1.6 Rockers, NO PORTING or POLISHING! ;)
The Dyno thought I should add the 40,000 volt coil to my Pertronix setup thinking that and a larger spark gap may help? I plan on doing this in the next few weeks and then Dyno again when I take my Son's (using "65Stang" on Fordsix.com) Mustang to the Dyno Shop!

He is going to start his 200 up today for the first time since rebuilding!
Here's his rebuild list, remember this is a daily driver that will be driving about 50 miles per day! So we weren't looking for the most HP gain that was possible in the 200 or aussie head!

Engine rotating assembly balanced
Bored .040 over
Decked to .000 (milled .030)
HSC Flat Top Pistons
CR should be 9.5:1
ISKY 256 cam, Lifters and Springs (RPM range 1000-4800)
Stock Rocker Arm From Aussie head (1.57 Ratio)
Aussie 2V 250 head
3 Angle valve job, NO port No Polish!
headers six into two
Holley 5200 (my old one) Good Performance Great gas Mileage!
Pertonix, stock coil

Looking for 135 HP or about 170 at the Flywheel?

We'll post the result's of the Dyno and pictures of the new engine setup!
For those interested the Aussie 2V bolted on and fit very nicely into his 65 Mustang with room to spare!

I'll also post this and pictures in a new post as this one is getting too long! ;)

Hey Ben,

Here's a thought for ya. How about a blower kit that bolts up to the OZ manifold? Includes Vortex supercharger, mounting brackets, pulley kit, carb regulator, oiling system and camshaft specific to blower application. You supply intercoller and air filter system. Cost for the kit would be about $2500.00 8) 8) 8)

i am now the owner of an aussie 2v head. i will not have it installed for a while bc i need to aquire all the parts and some other stuff to do a bunch of work all at once. but i will have pictures before durring and after the instal. i have pictures now if i could just figure out how to post them. i also have some movies of my dad and i driving the stock 200 around the very local streets. the car still looks like crap but we are still working on that i and belive in the one rule go before show. lol! but do to lack of money right now because of alot of big purchese i will be working on the body some becuas that is free and will take time patching the whole with the welder and sanding the car down and priming it.

any way if any body wants some pretty cool movie clips for the site just ask me and i will send them to you. i am also in the process of making my self a very big website but i cant find a free server that is big enough or one that i can up load the site i have made. if any one knows of a free hosting that can give me aboug 100 mb of space pm me.

kevin

i found one but it is the worst setup i have ever seen and it wont load my files that i made it with. and not to be bragging it is a good site, lots of pictures and well thought out!!! i need to get something to work i might remake it in another program to use my isp webspace.

Back