Valve cover fitment

This is the bracket that I was talking about... the valve cover would be just under it running from top to bottom of the first picture...

I had this cable one laying around also... it bolts to the underside rear of the log.... came off a '69 250

Thanks!

Yeah, "a pic is worth…"

Did U say the 1st is the '78?
I have the lower one.

What I'm talkin bout is different. And the part I seek is on the VC (part of it, no bolts or removable parts). Gettin old, memory goin…May be it was on a 300 or nother model.

glad da hood wuz closed (on '78)!
I guess the '69 changes rod link. to cable. Never saw how the firewall end wuz attached.
The carb end wuz layin on the top of motor unconnected…

Hmm, I'm seeing some familiar equipment there. My '69 has the cable & bracket set-up like the last picture, but without the kickdown cable (3-spd man trans). That also requires a different gas pedal ass'y but if you have the whole set-up, it's very easy to install in a '68 if required for a 200/250 swap or a later 200. We actually went with an '80 Fairmont 200 (3.3ltr) when my daughter's original 6 finally gave it up; and the linkage to cable conversion eased the install process.
Having said all that, I clearly remember my '69 having a bracket and clip to retain the fuel pipe to the front right corner of the valve cover, but not the vacuum hose (not a pipe). I cannot tell you if I had a vacuum pipe; would the clip have held both pipes. I can also say that the valve cover from her '68 fit just fine on the '80 engine, so things didn't change through the years, at least.

"…without the kickdown…"
seems too short to reach Transmission.
This 1 just went to the carb (autolite 1100?)?
Where'd it attach?
Thanks "IH" ~

Back