what a nice old man

A

Anonymous

hey

Me and Wes(falcon_man) was at costco yesterday getting a compressor and shop stuff and parked next to us was an awsome falcon.
the owner was having trouble putting his stuff in his car he was an older man in his late 70's so we help him out and told him he had a nice Falcon. Well it we started talking to him told him we had falcons we were restoring and told him about fordsix.com, he was shock there was a website about inline six motors, and falcons. well to make a long story short he told us he had 3 1967 ford falcons a sprint hardtop, a 2 dr sedan, and a futura, that he bought new and garaged, for his kids. and that he also had a bunch of new parts and advertisments. i went over to his place and seen the falcons i was shocked. This guy wasnt lyeing. he had 3 falcons all with the original motors tranny's with only 26 miles on them he had radio commercials of when ford was advertising the falcon, and even news papers ads from 1960 to 1970 of ford advertising the falcon. he had a couple of cylinder heads and a shed full of parts still in the original factory boxes. something i was'nt sure about though ishis cylinder heads he called them a cross tappered head but they hada removable intake. Wes had his lab top with him so we desided to show him the site and when we did he started kinda crying, he told us that he was glad to see that the falcon was still alive. This man is a true ford loving person, all this person wanted is just someone to talk to. Well it turned out that he had owned a dealership in San Jose California but during the depression he had to sell it cause he was not makeing any money, he son was drafted to veitnam and was killed, and his wife passed away a few years back he realy had no one left. Well i thought i would share my saturday with you all you never know who youll meet at the store. I am we are going to go visit him tommerow and see if we cant get a picture of that cylinder head.

Adam

8)

Tell him that we Ford sixers are happy and touched to hear of people like him and that I for one bid him greetings.

I would like to see pics of that head of his.

That was a touching story indeed. I'd like to see pics of his cars heh. Hm, sounds a lil like my Grandpa, a really nice man. Sad thing is, I dint even know he has been alive all this time. It took my Dad dying a few yrs ago and eventually Grandpa came looking for his "kids" and so one day, there he was, driving in, in an ollllllllld .... Ford van, it lookt like it had been through an acid bath but it apparently still ran hard, he used it to transport his engine and stuff for his Fairlane I think. I could have kickt myself for not takin his pic that day, I was jus so shockt, I mean, all my 27 yrs and no one ever tol me I had a Grandpa living : \

thats awsome man .. i mean it sucks about all dudes hardships but its awsome to see someone so devoted

That is a great story... would love to see a couple of shots of his cars... get him up on here.... we can talk Ford all day :LOL:

I love to run into people like that, I saw a couple of guys last weekend up off the highway, one was driving a Falcon and the other a F150 with a Fairlane on the trailer, they had just picked up both cars in AL and were bringing them home to GA, going to restore the Fairlane and Falcon, only the Falcon was driveable... and in good shape for a starter. I was floored they got both cars for $1000.00

I was not driving the Mustang, since it's off road.... but I got their number, and they have a great garage out of town, with a lift :shock: :D

You never know what a small conversation will get you, sometimes stopping for a moment to say hello can make a connection that means so much to our lives. Too bad there are not more people out there with this kind of hobby/bond... that our classic cars gives us... might be less problems with the world if more people had things to bind them together. Get them talking to each other and crossing the lines of race, religion, age, sex..... makes me smile when I hear this kind of story.

There's an old guy I sometimes see driving a stock late '60s F100SWB w/240 and a tray back. I'd guess he's owned it from new.

One day, I'm going to be able to flag him down and take some photos. I know it'd be a similar story- being unaware of boards like this.

Sometimes, people are amazed at what they can get outside the loop of parts store and dealer - like new weatherstrips or a column shift hub. I'm amazed at some of the improvisations I've seen...

Adam.

Back