200 i6 with oz 250 2v head build

Blicky100

Hi all,
I'm going to build a 200 (from a 67 mustang) with an oz 250 2v head (I'm from Aus and have one of these) this will power a small bell housing c4 which I needed for the small tunnel in my 64 xm falcon. I have got a copy of the ford 6 performance handbook and printed out a heap of articles from the classic inlines site. The cylinder head has been ported to 42mm on the intake manifold side and had larger exhaust valves fitted (1.5") from memory. I haven't found a lot of info using this setup so am chasing some guidance on what CR I should aim for, piston and cam type, 2 or 4 barrel carby/ manifold ( I have a stock 2 barrel manifold to suit the 2v head). Are roller rockers needed or is the stock adjustable rocker gear fine. What pushrods and lifters do I use etc. Basically any info would be great.
Cheers

First thing is what you want out of the car, how'll you use it?

That's going to determine the cam, transmission and gearing. Build the engine around that. The main thing w/ the short block is quench; then it's RPM's/toughness? And go from there. How fast do you want to spin it?

The car is mainly going to be used for cruising /club runs but nothing to far away, I'm chasing more performance than economy. Anything up to 5500 - 6000 rpm out of the engine. Gearing ratio in the diff will able to changed easily with the diff I will be using.

repost
(but Y?)
get that post count up, of course
(but Y?)

chad":jdqf4qvl said:
Welcome to the Site (& forum).
You may wish to go to the OZ forum here "Aussie ford six" (a few forums down on the index page)?
They have the straight scoop, parts houses, machinists…
Love to see an XM round ere mate!
/OR/
U may not …
(I'll talk 2 ya!).

Blicky100":126p9hks said:
Hi all,
I'm going to build a 200 (from a 67 mustang) with an oz 250 2v head (I'm from Aus and have one of these) this will power a small bell housing c4 which I needed for the small tunnel in my 64 xm falcon. I have got a copy of the ford 6 performance handbook and printed out a heap of articles from the classic inlines site. The cylinder head has been ported to 42mm on the intake manifold side and had larger exhaust valves fitted (1.5") from memory. I haven't found a lot of info using this setup so am chasing some guidance on what CR I should aim for, piston and cam type, 2 or 4 barrel carby/ manifold ( I have a stock 2 barrel manifold to suit the 2v head). Are roller rockers needed or is the stock adjustable rocker gear fine. What pushrods and lifters do I use etc. Basically any info would be great.
Cheers

Roller rockers are not needed but a set that is the full roller type will give a slight advantage in less friction, they can also be a higher ratio for more valve lift and gives an increase in power too. If your budget is tighter then the stock adjustables work quite good. The push rods will be determined by the rockers you end up using, for the stock adjustables you can use the the stock adjustable cupped push Rod. If you use the roller rockers you will need to use what the rocker (brand) manufacture recommends. Good luck :nod:

chad":ivghz3t5 said:
repost
(but Y?)
get that post count up, of course
(but Y?)
Hi Chad,
I tried to find my previous post but was unable to do so, hence the repost. Excuse my ignorance but why would I need to get my post count up? I'm new to these types of forums and am only trying get some helpful advise. My bad if I have done something wrong, for that I apologise. Please feel free to educate me.
Cheers

Chad is just referring to some of the forum settings. In order to ensure that new users are genuine and not a bot just spewing advertising stuff, certain criteria must be met before all capabilities are available to you. After you have posted "x" nunber of times you can privte message people. I can't remember what all is tied to it. Maybe adding pictures. Anyway, no, you didn't do anything wrong. :)

cr_bobcat":3glhjavg said:
Chad is just referring to some of the forum settings. In order to ensure that new users are genuine and not a bot just spewing advertising stuff, certain criteria must be met before all capabilities are available to you. After you have posted "x" nunber of times you can privte message people. I can't remember what all is tied to it. Maybe adding pictures. Anyway, no, you didn't do anything wrong. :)

the Cat's got it. I wuz talkin bout me. I double posted by mistake. Tried to make a joke of it (cuz I don't think U can erase them). Some folks wanna have a big number after their name to show they post alot (others wanna have a low number to show the opposite).
Anyway, let's get to you (called "OP" original poster) cuz you're the center of attention (due to postin the begining of a 'thread")

Were U able to find the experts on ur motor? Did U find the "Aussie Ford six" forum? R U Down-Under or 'up here'? U mention the fordsix handbook…that's mostly 4 the USA engines. Check classic-inlines on-line for a lill info too. Xctasy - the 'handle' of one of our members (altho in NZ, not Oz) has alot to offer an individual like yourself for that motor. He's pretty busy but will accept/answ PMs (private messages thru ur control pannel) with good reliable info. He could spec that build, name some machinists AND source the parts (at least give U the net addresses). Been studyin the 6 cyl since a kid.

Haven't found any experts as yet, I have posted on the Aussie six forum but there doesn't seem to be a lot of posting in that section but will see how it goes. I'm in oz and am using a 200 out of 67 mustang but want to use an oz 250 2v head I have on it. Thanks for the heads up regarding Xctasy, hopefully I can contact him for some info.
Thanks

Yes, him and folks from that forum… read the whole list, each thread. We all do as much research as we can - get informed, learn, study…. Then you'll do 2 or 3 things at once. Get to know ur rig, understand who has something valuable to offer, and C who has the personality to offer/give/take in a way that wrks 4 U. Even in automotive theory and practice relationships rule!

(so U C I'm not just tryin to get rid'a U)
:shock:
:LOL:

Back