69 mustang 250 motor mount broken! PLEASE HELP!!!

"...This morning I went out and looked for the completed motor mounts, couldn't find them.
Looked for the Australian mounts, couldn't find them…."
I remember seein em on a shelf w/piles'n piles of em, no?
Seemed like one of those 4 plus shelf units with all the holes in the metal legs (to put the screws thru)?
Can U describe the Maverick's they tell me about?
Is '78 the right year?

The guy who posted tese pictures back in 2007 has the answer on engine mounts. It was related to just using the V8 insulators and a simple plate. That outa get you sorted without having to resort to other stuff.

Can't remeber who it is

78Granada250inbeige1968Mustang2007_05110002-1.jpg

78Granada250inbeige1968Mustangbutcalled66shelby2007_05110003-1.jpg

Thanx, X.
Looks like a 'trick' air clean. but I can't C the mounts/towers.
Some pic here - U click on & they zoom, not these.
Couldn't C much frm this angle anyway I don't suppose…

How ya doin 69stang, get what U need?

I did get a set of motor mounts for my car.
I have been working on putting in a headliner and fixing some paint issues the body shop left with me, but she is coming along. My camshaft should be in this week and will have more pics posted up for you guys.

do u know what mounts u ended up with?
get both 'rubbers', 'clips' and 'towers'?

I bought those from Econoline that are a little father up in this thread.
I may make a mold for these so I can make some later down the road if I need.
Have been looking at some threads online about making motor mounts from liquid poly urethane.
The mounts I have are a C9 part number on them, so I wonder if they are early 70 or 69 motor mounts, but either way they will work for me lol

good!
C'mon back, we're aii ways here…
just may take some time 4 a response ~

xctasy":3kcko217 said:
The guy who posted tese pictures back in 2007 has the answer on engine mounts. It was related to just using the V8 insulators and a simple plate. That outa get you sorted without having to resort to other stuff.

Can't remeber who it is

78Granada250inbeige1968Mustang2007_05110002-1.jpg

78Granada250inbeige1968Mustangbutcalled66shelby2007_05110003-1.jpg

66shelby!

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=12600

See viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45865&p=341856#p341856

Howard and his roomate made a 1979 Fox radiator, and 1979 X shell L code 250 ancillaries fit a 1978 L code 250 to 1969 L code Mustang engine mounts, and then used an adaptor to fit the engine into a 1967 Mustang T code 200 convertable.

As has been my experience, he got no answers or solutions on the engine mounts from FSP untill quite a while, then bang, gary6768
gary6768":3kcko217 said:
250 in a 67
bolt in you have to have 69 only (offset insulatores) and a 69 trans cross member.
I used the 69 rad too with a flex fan from checker inch and 1/2 clearance to rad. same with engine clearance Gary

(NOT A CRITICISM, JUST AN OBSERVATION ON HOW FICKLE AND HARD GETTING FORD 6 INFO CAN BE SOMETIMES. SAME WITH:

LOW MOUNT BIG BELL FLEXPLATE DETAILS (TOOK 9 YEARS TO GET A PART NUMBER)
ACCURATE LOW MOUNT BIG BELL DETAILS (WRONG INFO FOR 9 YEARS)
ACCURATE 1-BBL CARB INFO (FIVE YEARS TO GET AN ACCURATE, TRUE 1946 HOLLEY SET-UP INFORMATION, NOT A FEEDBACK CARB
)

Pictures11007.jpg

Pictures11002.jpg

Pictures11001.jpg

He was really impressed with the L code 250 1979 ( integrated) alternator and Power steering mount

DSCF0326.jpg

1 way of movin the motor back.

What's an L code - can't I just look 4 a '79 250 bracket to get that one cuz I'm impressed too.

Chad,
L-code is old school speak for a 250 into a '69 Mustang. If you go out to O'Reilly's webpage and look up a 1969 Mustang, eventually it will ask you which motor you have, below is a listing, and you will see that on the one with a "vin L" that is a 250.

Codes.jpg

I like that V8/i6 mount installation, its pretty clean and simplistic, about the only thing that would concern me is that the motor mount is leveraging off the front of a flat plate of steel. But making it wider and adding a couple 90° bends in it would stiffen it up significantly.

"...leveraging off…"
Se Senior !

OK, I'd seen U use those codes B4 (M code this and C code that) and wanted to get a leg up on any mistery.
They can be used to differentiate specific models w/in a year (base model = 6 cyl = L code in this case)?
Yet there are several V code bent8s. Not sure how it works…
Can U further elucidate?

Oh, wait a sec - I see - in "the 4th position".
Looking at the wrong L. Gacha now...

Some times the VIN engine code was....a number!

Basically, six cylinder engines codes never changed much in the X shell and early Fox shell S -cars. But before 1969, man o man, they sure did change. In the 1966 LTD/Galaxie, there where four (V, E, B or 5) codes for the 240 Big Six, but it was the same engine all along.

http://www.7litre.org/vininfo.html

Generally,
U = 170
T= 200
L= 250.
But there were U code 156 cube V6's and Z code 171 v6's
And 2.0 and 2.3 engines with other codes.

In 1980, Ford changed all the engine codes, some of the V8 ones stayed the same.

200= B
250= C
1984 Lincolns 2.4 BMW Turbo Diesel was an L code.

The new Essex 3.8 in 192 got a code 6, not a letter at all, and that also happened with the first year the 1968 250 engine appeared in the option charts in the commerial versions of the Falcon pickup, and the Mustang. But none were made that year, but the option code 6 existed in the company literature.

That's pretty much it.

Truck wise, the same with 240's, 300's, and then EFI 4.9's. Generally, an induction change from one type of carb or efi system to another (from 1v to 2v, or 1v to EFI, or from 2v to 4v or CFI, or from 4V to Tripower or Dual Quad) would have a new code, so would a higher compression ratio, but if you have a 5.0 Mustang from 1984 to 1986, or a Turbo 2.3 Capri or Mustang from 1979, 1980, or 1983, the codes were wacked out, and dang confusing. But that's Fords, they did that because they could change any supply willy nilly to suit production schedules. And some of it was because the engines were essentially the same but the heads were different. Like Worzel Gummage and his thinking Head. Ford was Crow man...

The hard part for Early Bronco's and F trucks were the variances in engine type that still had the same engine code...Ford did that quite a lot, and it makes it hard to know what kind of V8 your 351 is, or what engine your

The Aussie 2v 250's were M code for the 1971 to 1975 170 hp 2V engine. But they also had hi and low compression, and odd ball 188 and 221 (3.1 and 3.6 liter) engines. So the USA and Australian six and eight cylinder engine codes varied a little. Your US engine plants cranked out Windsor and Cleveland engines for us from 1966 to 1974, and again from 1992 to 2016. But we often recoded them via Canadian Mercury codes, because our engines were imported throught the British Commonwealth.

Aussies even got base engines with hotter than US spec engines, often way before they were released in the US, like the 1968 302 Windsor 4v HP engine, the 1969 M code 351 Windsor, the 1971 Boss 351, the odd 1973 and 1974 Super Cobra Jet or HO 351C...the transmission option would then govern the kind of engine, and country of origin, that the 1973-1975 Falcon XB GT would get. Each engine was 300 hp SAE Gross, but if manual, you got the US 351 4V HO, but if FMX transmission, you got an Aussie made V8 with Aussie 2V heads and a 4bbl cast iron intake. Yet the VIN code was the same....

http://www.fomoco.com.au/id.html

Whats really crazy is that the whole plan was probably to update the whole engine mount system to the normal F100 Big Six frame insulator.

What never changed was the line up with number two frost/welch plug.

The way others like dayman have done it is to angle the mount from the spring tower.

dayman%202.jpg

That allows the mount to be further appart to make the 11 inch clearance between the left and right block mount holes on the 250, verses the 9-1/8" for the 200.

dayman%203.jpg

69 250 engine mounts were center percussion, but so were the 1979 Fairmont mounts. SAE papers described how they worked, they were subject to a patent back then.

They still line up with the second from front frost/welch plugs like all US small sixes, but they changed the position of the engine mount in section, and everything from 1969 onwards went to a new type.

Comparing Howards (66shelby) posts to Woody's (Parkwood60) shows the exact same thing...the mounts moved forward one group of transfer line bolt holes compared with the 1960-1968 Ford in line small sixes.

BILLYBeerRacingHeader.jpg

Pictures11002.jpg

Aussie Falcon couldn't make the stock 1960 Falcon project was called the XK 2000 series by Robert McNamara; the engine mounts dating back to 1960 just didn't work on the Australian roads; the engines used to fall out after rough road washboards broke the mounts and insulators, so they changed to a different type with the XM Falcon 1963. They added another bolt to it in the late sixties.

This is how it looked by 1971

left_right_xy_xa_xb_xc_xd_xe_xf_6cylider_engine_mounts.jpg

AUS%20X-SERIES%20%20250%20Falcon%2007.jpg

So any Aussie block has the insulator offset half the transfer bolt spacing as per the diagram below.

tony_IMG_1042_engine_mounts.jpg

The Aussie mounts are very handy for fitting small six cylinder engines to Fox bodies without having to use the V8/V6 or 4 cylinder short horn K members. Grab the stock frame insulators, and bend the bolt hangers 90 degrees to the flat position, and the two bolt holes line up with the rear hole on the V8/V6/4 cylinder mount perches.

Back