All Small Six A/C and power steering on 200ci with DUI and headers

This relates to all small sixes
I have a 67 mustang with a 200ci engine. I wish to add power steering and air conditioning to it. So far I have decided that the best option for the A/C is the Classic Auto Air (non-factory) kit. For power steering the Borgeson kit seems a great option. My question is how to mount themas I have a large DUI distributor that kind of crowds the driver side of the engine block. Add to that I have the Vintage Inlines dual outlet headers. Has anyone faced this situation? I was hoping to mount the A/C compressor on the passenger side and the PS pump on the driver side. Any advice on how to achieve this would be very much appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• tempImageJC6uzs.png
    tempImageJC6uzs.png
    12.9 MB · Views: 15
Yes the AC compressor pump can fit on the passenger side with those headers by spacing it over by approximately 1 1/4 inches (+ or - some you move it just enough to clear the header) this is a fairly easy job to accomplish and a number of site members have done it. Sorry but your out of luck for having enough room for the power steering pump to mount on drivers side of engine as both the DUI & HEI Distribitors are just way too tall. To my knowage only the Ford DuraSpark II Distribitor will allow the power steering to be able to fit with it. Best of luck

Yes the AC compressor pump can fit on the passenger side with those headers by spacing it over by approximately 1 1/4 inches (+ or - some you move it just enough to clear the header) this is a fairly easy job to accomplish and a number of site members have done it. Sorry but your out of luck for having enough room for the power steering pump to mount on drivers side of engine as both the DUI & HEI Distribitors are just way too tall. To my knowage only the Ford DuraSpark II Distribitor will allow the power steering to be able to fit with it. Best of luck
thank you

Back