Adding to the Aluminum Excitement...

A

Anonymous

Since my last post, we at SCP have made some significant progress with one of our projects. The first small shipment of these will be in our hands in 3 weeks, with more following soon after.

AluminumSP_2.jpg

AluminumSP_4.jpg

AluminumSP_3.jpg

What are these? High quality aluminum heads based on the Argentine SP. When I say based on the SP, I mean that they have been re-engineered. Every aspect of the original iron head has been scrutinized and optimized in these heads to provide most HP at lower engine speeds. This head isn't about peak HP or drag racing, but maximizing average power and making mid range torque a priority. What that translates to is a head that is perfectly suited for a street-going machine. Furthermore, this isn't just a quick knock-off in aluminum, nor is it a prototype. These are 4th generation heads - having been improved somewhat each past year by the designer.

There are many details about these heads that we will be able to discuss in the near future - from port shape, size and thickness, the valve guide bosses, combustion chamber shape and size, water jacket design, spark plug location, deck thickness, and more. They have all been addressed.

These heads still utilize the SP's manifolds and standard valvetrain components so no further modifications are required for use. There's nothing extreme about them but the performance.

Again, we are just wanting to break the news about these. There's a lot to tell, but we think the HP numbers are going to speak the loudest, and we are confident when we say that these are going to be the easiest 100HP that you've ever bolted on.

Price including intake and exhaust manifolds will be about $1550.

Fuck! :shock:

How am I gonna justify spending more money on the Falcon to the wife?

went a little overboard with the watermarks on the pics, did we?

looks nice, 'cept for the price

:shock: the price sure is scary...is it a 100HP increase from stock, all other things being the same with the ability to add an extra couple ponies with a cam and carb? I can hardly see the pics with all that writing over it :LOL: but i must say its the best darn pictures ive seen yet of the heads ;) thanks for sharing and definitly please share more about it. got any manifold pics yet? 8)

The price looks great! Where else can you get stuff like this? Man, everyone is gonna want to have a 144 to 250 I6 now!

Best wishes over porisity and gasket integrity, becasue if its better than the stock head, then your not going to be able to keep up with demand, John!

Costing up a Jack Collin's style cross flow 200 is enough to make me want to cast my own heads too.

Great stuff!

When will Cliffords alloy heads be ready, and will they push 2 grand?

8)

I would like to know how much it weighs. Wasnt the stock log head about 120lbs? From looking the aluminum head doesnt look considerably beefier so Im guessing it should weigh about 55% of the original iron head?

This would go along ways to helping me achieve my goal of 51/49 weight distribution onmy 80 Stang.

Anlushac11":1h2vqvca said:
I would like to know how much it weighs.

The iron SP has about a 20lb weight advantage over the log head coming in around 50 lbs. Without valves and hardware the aluminum weighs in around 23-24lbs.

The price looks very reasonable. Hey, It's custom!

So, you'll have some heads in about 3 weeks and some more a little later. What about the intake manifolds? What flavor are those going to come in?

ski

Inliner":2mo6tnmd said:
Anlushac11":2mo6tnmd said:
I would like to know how much it weighs.

The iron SP has about a 20lb weight advantage over the log head coming in around 50 lbs. Without valves and hardware the aluminum weighs in around 23-24lbs.

Oh...oh my...(uncontrollable drooling). That would be very nice.

All this stuff is really exciting...it seems like our options quadrupled overnight!...I can't wait for the dyno results

do they come with a new keyboard cause i just drooled all over mine. you should have put a keyboard warning in the topic.

They look great! I am planning an engine build up next winter and one of those would look very nice on top of it. It is going to be a hi-po streeter not a drag racer so i am looking for torque and alot of it with a few extra ponies combined. :eek:

hope to see some dyno numbers when you get the chance :D

Thanks
John

I really like the idea of making good street power, cuz I know that's probably the only driving I'll do. It seems like some really quality stuff that's going on down south!

To put it all in perspective:

Good 302 heads are $1200 a piece

An aussie 250/2V head rebuilt with new valves cost me around $1300 all said and done and shipped.

So $1500 for an aluminum head...wow.

Plus, you'll be able to run more compression then an iron head. Like asked before. Is that 100HP over stock or do you expect about the same HP as the normal aussie or argie heads?

Slade

Slade - thanks for offering that look on things.

X-taxi - thanks also. As for Clifford's head, I think it is permanently going to be about 6-8 months away.

Ok, some answers. One subject at a time:

- Exhaust. The ideal header fits falcon and fox chasis cars with either a 200, 200 low mount starter, or 250 engine block. About the only way that's possible is a dual outlet, shorty design. The solution I am working on is to basically make a copy of the Max Econo manifolds, but in steel tubing (so yes, whitepony, a header and not a cast manifold).

- Intakes. Right now, only factory SP intakes are available. That means a 2300 Holley 2V or Autolite 2100 is the only direct fit. However, we plan to attempt at doing a 4bbl conversion on one and maybe offer them at an additional cost. The 2bbl intake will support 300+ HP before a 4bbl is needed, but we do realize the benefits of a vacuum secondary carburetor on a street engine, and want to take advantage of that with a 4bbl option.

- Power. Just like you would expect from a quality V8 aluminum head, these heads do not need any porting done to see large gains over nice stock iron heads. Similarly, these 6 cyl heads should net a large gain on engines already equipped with an Argentine or Aussie head. On a log headed motor the gains would be even more incredible. 100HP is a safe estimate for stock/near stock engine. Of course, a good 1-2 point bump in compression and a more aggressive cam will be needed to take better advantage of the head. Before we start advertising flow, and HP numbers given to me from the designer, we'll wait to confirm them ourselves.

8)

Sounds like your going with what amounts to a shorty header? Sounds good. Fox Mustangs have been using them for years.

When you consider that the Esslinger New Aluminum Street Head for the Ford 2.3L OHC motor sells for about $1500 the Argie alloy head is not a bad price at all.

Not bad at all. The Edlebrock aluminum heads for the 502 in my boat cost well over 3K last year. Considering that it comes with the headers, the price of the head is very nice.

Back