Adding to the Aluminum Excitement...

CobraSix":10yygxil said:
To put it all in perspective:

Good 302 heads are $1200 a piece

Good bolt on SBF alum heads w/ valves/springs/retainers/locks/studs/guides are around $600 a piece so $1100-1300 gives you a pair easily. Trick Flow, Edelbrock, AFR...Dart race heads cost $2400 a pair fully assembled, but are absolutely not streetable. El Cheapo Vee-8...

Would anybody have qualms about covering that up. It's almost too pretty to hide under a valve cover.

Simply amazing. :)

wow..i didnt realize how much performance heads cost for other engines. this is a vey good deal, especially with it being a brand new product. Time to start saving my pennies (or just get a mastercard and be in debt for awhile...might be worth it.) I'm actually thinking of forgetting about the 302 swap now and just spending the money on the head...my goal for the 302 was only about 300HP ....but nothing would be sweeter than 200-300HP in the inline....My dad and freinds think I should do the V8 swap..almost convinced me too...I think I'll show them :eek:

placid warrior":1k45lngk said:
wow..i didnt realize how much performance heads cost for other engines. this is a vey good deal, especially with it being a brand new product. Time to start saving my pennies (or just get a mastercard and be in debt for awhile...might be worth it.) I'm actually thinking of forgetting about the 302 swap now and just spending the money on the head...my goal for the 302 was only about 300HP ....but nothing would be sweeter than 200-300HP in the inline....My dad and freinds think I should do the Vee-Eight swap..almost convinced me too...I think I'll show them :eek:

Also keep in mind that USUALLY a I6 has much better low end torque so it comes out of the hole better. [/b]

HomerDrool.gif

Mmmmm....aluminum head....mmmmmm.......aaaarghhh!!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Alex

I already have the pacemaker headers on my 200 will they swap over to this new head or will it have to have the new headers??

Unfortunately, the SP head has a different exhaust port orientation, and none of the US or Aussie headers will work. That's why they are bundling the header with the head.

So....do I write the check to Inliner, SCP or ?

I am ready to purchase so please let me know.

Thanks again for all the work you guys have put into this, Ric.

8)

Im looking for ways to get the money.

Im selling off parts I dont need, finishing up building and upgrading some PC's for people and thought about selling my mother to science. Told her I was joking but she still looks nervous.

I also want to see a head to head testing and comparison of the FSPP alloy head and the SCP alloy.

Wow! who ever thought we would get a alloy head let alone multiple choices?

It looks good. I'd like to see some real numbers. With the FSPP aluminum head also on the horizon I think I'll save up (no choice) see what FSPP comes up with and decide at that time.

Mike

MustangSix":d7jpbch6 said:
Perhaps even donate a cornea

You´re about to get ripped off in that deal.
believe me, two eyes are worth a million aluminum heads! ;)

the loss of three dimensional vision would be worse than any stigmatism...

btw... eye stigmata... (language)

and those heads... I wanted one--- if I wasn´t so friggin short on green with the time being (thats a lie. I´m not short, I´m chronically broke).
Now, I didn´t mean to b*tch about the price, I think its absolutely reasonable for an all-new, re-designed aluminum head, but oh boy! do I need to finish my studies and get a better job...!!! :shock:

and u need your eyes to see the aluminum head that your buying anyways. I'm definately going to start saving up for the head...i'd start now but i have to get my car ready for inspection which is in 3 months (got a lot to do)

John, the head looks great. How is your supply of these heads? How many can you supply per month. What i'm getting at do you have a large quanity in stock or is there a considerable wait for your product??Thanks William

OK- that's IT. I'm buying my neighbor's 68 Stang just to do a turbo version of one of these. It'll be a nice companion to my 68 Firebird.

Damn you John!

Definately want to see some real numbers.
Still no one has said it clearly(unless I missed it), a 100hp OVER stock hp?

LaGrasta":3ugofa31 said:
Definately want to see some real numbers.
Still no one has said it clearly(unless I missed it), a 100hp OVER stock hp?

Inliner":3ugofa31 said:
- Power. Just like you would expect from a quality Vee-Eight aluminum head, these heads do not need any porting done to see large gains over nice stock iron heads. Similarly, these 6 cyl heads should net a large gain on engines already equipped with an Argentine or Aussie head. On a log headed motor the gains would be even more incredible. 100HP is a safe estimate for stock/near stock engine. Of course, a good 1-2 point bump in compression and a more aggressive cam will be needed to take better advantage of the head. Before we start advertising flow, and HP numbers given to me from the designer, we'll wait to confirm them ourselves.

Every aspect of the original iron head has been scrutinized and optimized in these heads to provide most HP at lower engine speeds. This head isn't about peak HP or drag racing, but maximizing average power and making mid range torque a priority.

John, with the testing that was performed to optimize this head, wasn't there a particular cam profile that was used? Would this profile then be the best cam to use with this head?

Thanks, Ric.

Back