aftermarket a/c

A

Anonymous

so...I am thinking of putting in an aftermaket a/c unit. Are they easy to put in? I remember a vinatge air unit...or something...

Can anyone reccomend one...and...how much horsepower does it rob?

My wife wont ride in my stang here in Miami cuase she says it's "too hot"(read in whinning voice)...

I got the Custom Fit package from Classic Auto Air...

It was not cheap. very easy to install, considering I've never done anything like that before....

Instructions come with it... I can tell you it blows a ton more heat than it used to, but since I installed it over the holidays I cannot comment on the AC end of the unit....

Basically for all of the AC systems out there the most important thing to get is the Sanden Compressor type kit, that compressor uses very little engine power and doesn't rob you of power.....

Ask me again in June/July and I will tell you how it cools.... but it was a good kit and I would recommend it....

IMHO

They have no Website that I am aware of....

I found information in Mustang and Fords and there are resellers of their products.....

The phone number is:
(813) 251-2356
Classic Auto Air Mfg Co
2020 W Kennedy Blvd, Tampa, FL 33606

The kit is 1050.00 for everything.... IIRC

This kit replaces the factory core under the dash with a custom kit, on the 65 there was no cutting of any kind.. I had to mount new vents under the dash and there is a replacement glovebox... Routing the ducts under the dash was the hardest part.... and routing the compressor hoses.... You have to remove the radiator and install a dry vent... and I would recommend you remove as much from the dash as necessary to allow room to work....

If you do get this kit and have any questions feel free to E-mail or PM me.......

Back