Aluminum Head Update 8/28/06

The 4V intakes will be very similar in size, as the 2V intakes. So they should fit most all applictions. In some cases, you might need to shim the motor mounts, to yield the clearance required. But that's a simple affair. We may even provide the shims. ;)

just ran the flow # through my Dyno 2000 program, and ran it as a stock 9.2:1 comp 200 I6. peaks out at 179 Hp @ 5k, great numbers, considering running it through the program with just "low perfromance stock heads" which is factory set at 100 CFM at .100 lift and it figures that 4 times. it comes up with 109 HP.

hey I would like to get some information about buying that head setup could please send me a message to let me know what the price is

The cylinder heads will be ready around the first of December. However, the 4V/2V intake won't be done until late December, maybe by Xmas if they push. I plan to start taking orders at the end of Oct, so we know how many to run in the first batch. This also means we will be releasing the price shortly. ;)

good to hear just got an old log thats off its nut and screaming for a 2v head mabey a alloy if i can afford.
oh do you have direct comparsion of flow fiures from the standerd manifold to your new ones to
thanks
drift

matt1967":2900v0is said:
just ran the flow # through my Dyno 2000 program, and ran it as a stock 9.2:1 comp 200 I6. peaks out at 179 Hp @ 5k, great numbers, considering running it through the program with just "low perfromance stock heads" which is factory set at 100 CFM at .100 lift and it figures that 4 times. it comes up with 109 HP.

Are you saying the new head is good for approximately 80hp alone with no other engine mods?

notice those numbers are at 5K.....I would think you would need a little more timing to move a peak number up that high (cam and ignition) and prob headers but being the stock peak power is much lower than that I can see a gain that impressive.

AzCoupe":1znfl4jo said:
The cylinder heads will be ready around the first of December. However, the 4V/2V intake won't be done until late December, maybe by Xmas if they push. I plan to start taking orders at the end of Oct, so we know how many to run in the first batch. This also means we will be releasing the price shortly. ;)

All I want for X-Mass :party: :beer:

I think its been asked before, but are you going a have a distributor or two in oz? What about an oz price? Cheers

Are you saying the new head is good for approximately 80hp alone with no other engine mods?

as a stock 9.2:1 comp 200 I6. peaks out at 179 Hp @ 5k, great numbers, considering running it through the program with just "low perfromance stock heads" which is factory set at 100 CFM at .100 lift and it figures that 4 times. it comes up with 109 HP.
He was saying 70HP (179-109=70) and I would have to say its a pretty reasonable assumption. When you see the head, you'll understand why. :D

However, to take full advantage of the extra flow, you'll want to change the cam too. I can't imagine anyone spending the money on a high performance cylinder head and running a stock cam.

We haven't dyno'd one yet, but we have ten proto types heading over in a couple weeks. Most of them are going to members with OZ heads, so we won't be able to get a comparison to a stock log head. One IS going on a motor that has a log head, however he's done almost every other modification you can think of. Including a 274 cam, Holley carb, headers, DUI dizzy, and all the tricks you can do to a log head. Its a far cry from stock, but it will be interesting to see the gains he gets.

are you going a have a distributor or two in oz?
Yes, Australian Muscle Parts will have them in stock. As well as some of our other parts, like the DUI dizzys, alloy valve covers, etc. I don't know what his pricing will be, as that will be up to him.

does that mean I might get a new 300 head for my birthday in Jan?
Well, their working on them, but I doubt they will be ready by Jan, more like Mar or Apr.

hey
will be still able to buy off you from the states?
as there will be at least a $1500 mark up over your price with shiping to aus.
drift

AzCoupe":5dx6qgf9 said:
does that mean I might get a new 300 head for my birthday in Jan?
Well, their working on them, but I doubt they will be ready by Jan, more like Mar or Apr.

well he could always wait till the next january to come out with it so itll be there for ur birthday

will be still able to buy off you from the states?
as there will be at least a $1500 mark up over your price with shiping to aus

Whatever gives you that idea? That's just plain silly. The cylinder heads will cost, more or less, the same. Whether you buy from the States or from a distributor in OZ.

hey
anything that is not super common like chev small blocks is ultra expensive.
example msd ignition brought from states is $400 cheaper then buying in aus.
crager wheels are $100 min cheaper
and thats after shiping.
most people i know just buy off jegs/summit racing
it really sucks out here price wise
ill see what the price's are but ill probly jsut get a mate who imprts mustangs to order one and bring it back.
drift

Yep, I really can't wait. I want a 4 barrel on there so bad! I'm gonna have to change my torque converter pretty soon due to broken teeth, so while the engine's out for that I'll see how much a good cam is. Sounds like I'll be ready for some power out of my little 6er!!! =) Really can't wait....

Back