Check this out.....

Mike I have been trying to get ahold of ya, you must be very busy, spent a little time exchanging info with retrotekspeed.com today, the interesting thing is that they said my estimated HP they thought was to low with all the info I gave them, they thought 325 to 350 HP as opposed to my 275 to 300 estimate, interesting!!

That does sound more reasonable. Only one way to find out *cough*

I also sent you a pm a few days ago, did you get it?

Moving forward with one setback, I will pull the blower bracket and redesign for more clearance on right side and bring it toward the engine 1 inch more, not that big of a deal, just time, I will haul it to Manginos on a trailer next friday for the custom exhaust, recieved my MSD boost timg master yesterday #6462, everything I had hoped for and easy to wire in, the engineers at retrotek speed will get together on monday and start building a complete as close to plug and play system as they can, since I am computer iliterate, I have some folks ready to help me with software and programing provided by retrotek and probably some phone com with them, they are very helpfull and thorough. Also I am ordering Nordskogs digital boost, fuel pressure and AFR gages so I can stay on top of whats happening.

I now have the bronco running N/A to break in before reassembling after about 500 miles, I have taken alot of pics and will put something together in the near future. I would like to take this time to thank MIKE at CI for this opportunity to put together a very unique engine, with low compression and mild cam, this thing performs beyond expectations, I can't express my satisfaction, I wish alot of others would try multiport injection if they can, it really uses the new AL heads ability, I have a couple of my 302 buddies a little concerned, they ought to be!!!! If I would have put a bigger cam and bumped the compression, I doubt I would have ever blown this little six knowing what I know now about how it runs. Those on a budget that can do the mega squirt thing with a GM throttle body and multiport the head for injectors, I can only say wow, I think this engine is made for EFI, everyone who has seen the head setup I have say the injectors on the head bungs is a perfect shot at the intake with perfect distance, now its no longer theory to me.

I think I just had a car-gasm...

it's great to see it all coming together. If you ever get a chance, get it dyno'd. We'd all love to see what the numbers are.

Post some more pics and videos, even if N/A. It's a beautiful build and exciting to see. Way to go!

Small Update, I have gone back to N/A for a while as I have finally found out what my boost is, its about 5-8 below 3000 and about 10 at 4000 and 12 at 4500 and better, my conclusion with my build is that I am running to much boost for longevity and will try a 3.8 pulley in place of my 3.3, I would like my max boost to be 8 pounds, I have read a few articles where it was said the m90 really likes that pressure, one of the problems I am having is I need better control at lower speeds for 4x4 use and when the butterflies open at this present boost it wants to go and I mean go, some of my friends find it very interesting I need to detune a 200 six and also I am having a hard time keeping an 8 groove belt tight from slipping, another sure sign of to much boost and also fighting to always keep the boost contained, I now have an appreciation for those that run high boost, its not a walk in the park, although for the most part I guess a turbo doesn't bring it as fast, this may sound like a stretch, but its the truth, with the top off this little bronco I have to be very carefull taking off and not barking the tires, I can lay rubber like nobodys business, unbelievable bottom end thru 5000 where my limiter kicks in. For those of you possibly multiporting, N/A # 19 injectors seem to work the best and tune the easiest, I highly recommend the m90.

Makes me sad that I will be shipping my supercharger away next week and eventually selling the Mustang. I'll return to all this someday...

the super charger will give a different boost profile than a turbo for sure. Alot more on demand on the bottom end. It's a pretty exciting project.

Guys I had a small setback that I did not discuss with the board until I had all the info correct, all along since I started this thing up it would run great, but after 15 minutes of running it would fall on its face and just run plain weird, well what it was all along was when the ignitor would get to warm and it would send bad info to the msd and then hence the ems unit, since I am using a pusher fan of good quality, my engine temp would stay between 165 and 170 N/A, but because it was pushing through the radiator, under hood temps were higher because of lack of air circulation, so I put the points back in as my trigger and it solved the problem, so I have ordered a mallory maa4763001 with adjustable vacuum and mechanical advance, and the reason for this is the mallory is much closer to stock size to fit with my blower bracket, otherwise it would have been a sure shot at a DUI from classicinlines. Also I would like to add through this entire time that RETROTEK SPEED has been by my side trying to help evaluate this problem with beyond the norm support, I can with full confidence say, they are willing to help and ignore any previous comments related to them out of frustration by myself, because in the end their product was flawless.

Well I got the mallory distributor off of ebay for 172.00 plus shipping last night, I didn't mention I was bidding it off ebay so I would not have competition, not one other bidder but myslef, hidden on page 14 of a guy called chimptoasts.

Guys I have finally put the blower back on after several miles of N/A breaking in, tomorrow I will tune it with some different programs from retrotek, there are so many things different about this build and the bronco itself since I last posted, don't give up on me with a full layout, I have taken literally hundreds of picks and will go through them and do an article on this build in detail once I have the time for those interested.

Broncitis":29fybzo7 said:
Guys I have finally put the blower back on after several miles of N/A breaking in, tomorrow I will tune it with some different programs from retrotek, there are so many things different about this build and the bronco itself since I last posted, don't give up on me with a full layout, I have taken literally hundreds of picks and will go through them and do an article on this build in detail once I have the time for those interested.

Cool!

I for one look forward to seeing it.

:)

One of the tunes from retrotek at 275hp and 300ftlbs of torque was right on the money of about three they sent me and I would say thats about right since I took my boost down farther than I thought with the 3.8 pulley to about 6 or 7 psi max, it sure feels alot more reasonable for a daily driver and as hard as that thing ran with about 10 lbs max just felt like to much for longevity and to much power from such a small engine, how do I say this, it just feels right at the moment and still runs incredibly fast to me for what it is, very satisfied customer here.

Doesnt the M90 have some sort of pop off valve or a place to mount one between supercharger and intake?

Seems like you could weld a pad for one on and mount a pop off valve to limit boost.

Im anxious to see a dyno of this bad boy!!! Mine only put down low 200s on 10psi with the turbo, around 17psi is where it made 280hp/320tq. Ide LOVE to see what that M90 lays down...as well as a tire shredding video :eek: Your build is so clean it just has me in awe...GREAT work!!!

Matt

Most people who play with the boost on the M90's do it by having different pulleys laying around which are really quite easy to change out, an M90 has a valve actuated by vacuum, once the throttle plates close, vacuum dumps open this valve back into the intake, it immediately closes once the vacuum is lost by opening the throttle body, extremely simple. Also thanks for the compliments from some folks here.

Tire shredding is kind of a thing of the past, I have went from 28inches that I could burn off the rims to now having a 3inch body lift, a 3.5 suspension lift and 35x12.5x15 tires, so now the 4.11 rearend gears don't smoke these very easily, soon to be 4.88's with lockers front and back and an Obriens 4.86 low range gear in the transfer case.

Back