Cometic MLS Head Gaskets

Thickness

Votes: 34 75.6%

Votes: 17 37.8%

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • other

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
I wanted a minimum of fifty orders, so I'll make a call this week and see what I need to do to get the ball rolling.....

powerband:
We've still got the steel shim gasket from the "parts car" that we're putting in service for my son.
Looks like it reads "C8DE-9091-B".
It's a bit grimy, so it's hard to read, but I'm sure it is C8 or C9.
Came of a C8 200 block with a C9 head, so it is a 200 gasket for sure.

Do you need it?
Are you planning on getting it scanned and duped on a CnC or something?
If so, I'd happily pay to ship it out, if you'd send me a couple of the copies back for fun...

PhantomAce":170c0v2w said:
powerband:
We've still got the steel shim gasket from the "parts car" ... Came of a C8 200 block with a C9 head, so it is a 200 gasket for sure.

Do you need it?
Are you planning on getting it scanned and duped on a CnC or something?
If so, I'd happily pay to ship it out, if you'd send me a couple of the copies back for fun...

PA :

I had in mind just cleaning and measuring a steel gasket already used. I don't think there's much actual compression of the steel shim gasket- perhaps it could could be re-used?.

Steel gasket on the hi-compression head 170 in my '63 has a copper coating I applied to the steel gasket for sealing . The 144 / 170 bore steel gaskets are widely available, maybe they could be modified?.

CI development of Cometic MLS gaskets for reasonable performance use is hopeful and probably simpler direction.

Powerband

Back