All Small Six Converting from single to double barrel carb

This relates to all small sixes

reinvnt

Hi everyone I just posted looking for an auto lite 1100 carb. I may be interested in switching to a two barrel weber carburetor. I wanted to start a thread and see what I should expect in the conversion. I know I need a spacer plate or a conversion plate obviously the weber carb and air filter.

What else am I missing? Had vacuum line axon exited? etc?

My only hold up is I’m running a really cool old school oil air bath filter on my 67 bronco. Looks great! But the current auto light I have is taking a dump I’ve rebuilt it several times and I believe the emulsion filter is gone.

Attachments

• 72DFCA32-677B-41D6-8297-507C912A9879.jpeg
    72DFCA32-677B-41D6-8297-507C912A9879.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
"...running a really cool old school oil air bath filter on my 67 bronco. Looks great! But the current auto light I have is taking a dump..."
not sure bout this but
any mod off oe creates more hassels than ever expected (only 1 reason Y we do'em). Love problem solvin? Goods @ fab? Join us...get out the tape'n mig. Anything's possible. Even a 32/36 & old skol ac housing. Not the 1st or last~

Just some random info.
Do you have a copy of the Falcon Performance Handbook? It covers this exact mod in detail. A two barrel is good but you can also get a larger cfm single barrel like an Autolite 1101, Carter off a Ford 300 or there is also a 230? cfm single barrel china (ebay) made carb that may fit with some mild mods and you might be able to use your existing air cleaner. If you have a stock 200 one of these larger single barrel should give you a little increase in performance. The other useful upgrade would be a Pertronix or the DSII ignition along with the carb.

Back