All Small Six Factory HP and Torque rating of the 3.3 and 4.1 litre 1975 Granada's

This relates to all small sixes

xctasy

5K+
VIP
I'm quite prepared to be wrong, but for the last 6 years a guy at Curbside Classic has really been ticking me off with some wrong facts from a Popular Science article from January 1975.

The complete article.

"https://www.curbsideclassic.com/aut...-a-triumph-of-imitative-style-over-substance/"

From my information from three other sources, Ford kept the same 250, 4.1 liter output for 5 years. It varied only if the fan clutch was engaged or not. 97 bhp or 72 kW @ 3200 rpm and 241 Nm or 180 lb-ft @ 1400 rpm is the figure for "un fan-clutched" power and torque.

The Ford 3.3 liter ratings varied from 83 to 85 HP in the same years, but the 75-80 Granada and Monarch didn't have the 3.3 liter option after 1975.

I have the figures from Ford, and the details Popular Science have used aren't the same as Ford's.

I wouldn't bother asking, but I had the same discussion with the Schedahl Brothers in 2016, when they stated that that year, Ford USA Quoted Rear Wheel net figures.

I think Ford started using the Net H.P. figures with the 1972 models.

Back