Head port/mod and JB Weld

FOUND IT! There's a product called Econoline that makes a mixable "Putty" that cane be used to repair Exhaust Manifolds. It can also be machined to shape,AND is good to temps up to 1800-degrees. I've got about 10 'Tubes' of the stuff. They also make a version for "plain" Steel as well. ~OO6.

STEVEN.":13usdlpf said:
FOUND IT! There's a product called Econoline that makes a mixable "Putty" that cane be used to repair Exhaust Manifolds. It can also be machined to shape,AND is good to temps up to 1800-degrees. I've got about 10 'Tubes' of the stuff. They also make a version for "plain" Steel as well. ~OO6.

Just gunna tease us? (no more info than that? cost, size of tube, how to acquire, etc).
/OR/
May B it's best to B our tester and play Consumer's Report - test it n get back 2 us later?
Thanks,
- -Chad- -
:eek:

Would you recommend Beizona 1591 or 1391 for 'machining' & hi temp?
Thanks...

Some porters Have said they used it to fill in exaust crossovers in V8s. My self I would call and ask about the products mabe send some pics of what your up to. Some in here might help to.
What I did at one time was to braze flanges and add 4 honda carbs like Smoky did I think later almost did 6 mikunies.

turbo2256b":1faf7ih7 said:
Some porters Have said they used it to fill in exaust crossovers in V8s. My self I would call and ask about the products mabe send some pics of what your up to. Some in here might help to.
What I did at one time was to braze flanges and add 4 honda carbs like Smoky did I think later almost did 6 mikunies.

Thanks turbo (for the link and ideas). Sounds like the way to go.
"6 Mikunies" may B one motorcicle carb per cylinder? How'dat work?

Had 2 thoughts of how to accomplish it. An IR setup would need bigger carbs than a manifold that had a comunication ability. Were not as many motorcycles that were all that big back when started this. One that did at the time was Quick Silver. Dont remember the size QS and I decided on was back in 1980 or so. At 175 each back then was a bit pricy for me and couldnt talk them down any. Even though they were giving them away at motorcycle races.
The idea was to machine the intake off the head at least half the side of it. Possibly slightly c'bore the runner enought to braze some tubes in the port wit ha flange on it to the head. Use part of the log to braze the tube to also for extra support.

The other thought would be to use smaller more commonly found used guiltine slide motorcycle carbs. Drilling holes in the log centered on each port. SAame sort of tube and flange thing. Except now inserting tube in about a 1/4" or so from the actuall port opening inside the log. then braze them in place. This would allow Needed flow from another carb to be pulled into the cylinder when needed much like the plenum in a standard intake. Also might help with reversion and fuel stand off common to IR intake at high RPM.
Started this set up but a friend in need of the head I started on needed it and I sold it to him. started pilot holes he had to plug. Got into a bunch of V8 stuff and never got back into it.

Back