All Small Six Hei distributor in 200 6 cylinder

This relates to all small sixes

todd1974

Im putting a hei 1 wire distributor in a 200 6 cylinder thats going in a 61 falcon that had points. Does anyone know where to wire the new wire to? Cld i trace the old coil wire back to ballaster and take it out and use that wire?

If you have an Autolite 1100 the venturi port could be plugged with expoxy or JB Weld.
If you stick a wire thru the vacuum advance port you will find the venturi port.
A 6-32 Phillips head screw will also work if you the drill the tap the port.
The venturi port is a small vacuum leak. It's not needed with a HEI + may advance the timing too much.
I found that just enough power fed back thru my GM 12SI alternator exciter (generator light) wire to keep my HEI relay on.
I had to install a diode in the exciter wire so the engine would not run with the key off.
You can use the coil + wire as the signal wire to the relay. This way the relay will be powered while cranking as it gets power cranking from the I terminal on the solenoid.
LOM wire thru venturi port.jpg

If you have an Autolite 1100 the venturi port could be plugged with expoxy or JB Weld.
If you stick a wire thru the vacuum advance port you will find the venturi port.
A 6-32 Phillips head screw will also work if you the drill the tap the port.
The venturi port is a small vacuum leak. It's not needed with a HEI + may advance the timing too much.
I found that just enough power fed back thru my GM 12SI alternator exciter (generator light) wire to keep my HEI relay on.
I had to install a diode in the exciter wire so the engine would not run with the key off.
You can use the coil + wire as the signal wire to the relay. This way the relay will be powered while cranking as it gets power cranking from the I terminal on the solenoid.
View attachment 16499
I'm going to use a weber 38 carburetor.

Im putting a hei 1 wire distributor in a 200 6 cylinder thats going in a 61 falcon that had points. Does anyone know where to wire the new wire to? Cld i trace the old coil wire back to ballaster and take it out and use that wire?
Regardless of the source, verify it has full 12V+ batt power that can carry amperage without loosing voltage via resistance.

Back