All Small Six help putting together 200

This relates to all small sixes
The books are good, but you need to decide what you want to do. Engine prices are going up and up. Engine parts prices and machine shop costs are going up and up and up, too. My 200 six will cost about $2500 before it is done, and its basically a stock rebuild--nothing exteme on cam or pistons.
If I had know the costs involved before I did the machine shop work, I might have looked a little harder and longer for a decent running 200 six. A dingle-ball hone and new rings and bearings, and a valve job would give years of service at not too much cost, but, not as reliable as a full rebuild.

If it is the block you want and worth saving, I don’t know why you couldn’t sleeve it and go stock bore pistons. I would verify the rest of the block is in good condition first.

If the 200 is very tired but runs you could install and drive while you build your original 200. But you don't know yet how sound that block and head is. Do you trust your machinist?
Fortunately your existing 200 is running? so you can drive it while looking for parts.
Did you try car-part.com?
You may not need a five lug swap, what axle model is currently in place?

Back