200ci Holly EFI or Webber 32/36

This applies only to 200ci

Nestorchaves

Hello Friends

i´m lookig to upgrade my Autolite 1100 i Live in a really hot area and the autolite doesnt perform that well.

ehat would you do, would you intal the Holley sniiper EFI (gastank pump incluided) or the webber 32/36 carb?

If you get the 1 barrel sniper set up you wont have to modify your log manifold. You will for the webber. It just depends on what work you are willing to do or pay to have done.

If you get the 1 barrel sniper set up you wont have to modify your log manifold. You will for the webber. It just depends on what work you are willing to do or pay to have done.
i dont want to modify anything, so seems like the Sniper is the best option, I already have the HEI distributor (not duraspark) would this work well together?

i dont want to modify anything, so seems like the Sniper is the best option, I already have the HEI distributor (not duraspark) would this work well together?
The HEI distributor does not work well as a trigger signal for a Sniper.
The tach signal from the HEI is the negative side of the coil and is a “dirty” signal.
The Hyperspark distributor for the 200 six is designed for use with the Sniper.

Last edited:
The tach signal from the HEI is the negative side of the coil and is a “dirty” signal.
thats great, is it necesary to install the fuel pump on the tank? or setting a inline fuel pump would work?

thats great, is it necesary to install the fuel pump on the tank? or setting a inline fuel pump would work?
The intank fuel pumps last longer because the fuel keeps the pump cool.
The inlines are easier to install and replace.
Depending on the mileage this car will see, it is your call.

OP says they live in an area that is really hot . Carb on engine does not perform that well . Maybe OP should say what the issue is with the carb ? is it restarting when engine is hot ? Is this a cooling issue ? Over heating carb . Or ethanol fuel. OP says really hot area so will an inline fuel pump needed for the sniper last ? In line fuel pump will be cooled with fuel flow , but what about when engine stops ?

In my area we had a heat wave . all my cars with carbs had issues restarting . Vapour lock and perculating . During the heat wave i had to lift hood to let heat out ,or engine would not restart . Are you sure a change will fix this hot area / carb perform issue ?

Hello Friends

i´m lookig to upgrade my Autolite 1100 i Live in a really hot area and the autolite doesnt perform that well.

ehat would you do, would you intal the Holley sniiper EFI (gastank pump incluided) or the webber 32/36 carb?
Costa Rica. That is hot . . . if you're willing to go efi, year round hot start problem solved. You do not have to modify the intake on the 200 engine for the sniper. I'm in a hot climate as well. Significant help to carbs in humid heat: 1) insulated manifold to carb gasket. 2)Heat shield carb from ex manifold. 3)air intake routed outside the hood. 4) Electric fuel pump, or bleed-off return line between mechanical pump and carb. 5) insulate under-hood fuel line.
All of these help, and #1-3 are a must. Without it, my truck is totally flooded out after a hot soak. With these easy modifications, the carb vehicle behaves much better in heat.

OP says they live in an area that is really hot . Carb on engine does not perform that well . Maybe OP should say what the issue is with the carb ? is it restarting when engine is hot ? Is this a cooling issue ? Over heating carb . Or ethanol fuel. OP says really hot area so will an inline fuel pump needed for the sniper last ? In line fuel pump will be cooled with fuel flow , but what about when engine stops ?

In my area we had a heat wave . all my cars with carbs had issues restarting . Vapour lock and perculating . During the heat wave i had to lift hood to let heat out ,or engine would not restart . Are you sure a change will fix this hot area / carb perform issue ?
Thats Great, no overheating issues this is solve, no ethanol, when the car gets to 200 F it starts to run rough at iddle, and when it comes to a complete stop it shuts down, but it re starts really good.

Costa Rica. That is hot . . . if you're willing to go efi, year round hot start problem solved. You do not have to modify the intake on the 200 engine for the sniper. I'm in a hot climate as well. Significant help to carbs in humid heat: 1) insulated manifold to carb gasket. 2)Heat shield carb from ex manifold. 3)air intake routed outside the hood. 4) Electric fuel pump, or bleed-off return line between mechanical pump and carb. 5) insulate under-hood fuel line.
All of these help, and #1-3 are a must. Without it, my truck is totally flooded out after a hot soak. With these easy modifications, the carb vehicle behaves much better in heat.
Thanks Frank, yes Costa Rica is Hot specially in the Guanacaste Area (north oacific Beatiful Beaches BW) i will start doing 1-3 definitly.
I already have a HEI distributor, if i go EFI do you think it would be necesary to change it to a Hyperspark?

i want to order the intank fuel pump aswell, do you think this is necesary? or a 255LPH Inline Pump would do the job as well? my car is not a daily driver i drive it probably once or twice a week but i want to enjoy the ride not been worried all the time

Thanks

So i would need to get the whole hyperspark kit, Distributor, Coil and Ignition Box?

Back