I Won "Best Engine" Trophy Yesterday!!! Pics!

I looked up that bible verse on the trophy. Where do these guys find this stuff? Sounds like a 3000 year old party (or camel show) to me! :D

12 Then he prayed, "O LORD, God of my master Abraham, give me success today, and show kindness to my master Abraham. 13 See, I am standing beside this spring, and the daughters of the townspeople are coming out to draw water. 14 May it be that when I say to a girl, 'Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,' and she says, 'Drink, and I'll water your camels too'-let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master."

Cool! Bible Chicks! Actually, I think this is part of the Rebecca/Issac story.

I wonder who won "best camel"

Harry

Harry, I was with the 1st of the 69th Armored Battlion/ 4th Infantry division (11D20) in the ll Corp area. After arriving in Plieku (Camp Enari/ the 4th's home base) in August of 68', my unit (HHQ "Scouts")was operating in the An Khe area, home of the 1st Air Calavary (Camp Ratcliffe) at the time. After a couple of months my company moved to the coast where we were attached to, and operating with, the 173rd Air Borne Division for a couple of months. We mostly operated s/o Quin Nhon in an area along the S.China Sea called Bong Song (sp.?). So I believe we were north of one of your locations in Phan Thiet/ LZ Betty area you mentioned, while we were in Bong Song area. It sounds like you were mostly n/o us in the l corp area most of your time, correct??? By Jan 69' we had moved to an area called Duc Co, which is closer to the Cambodian border; and by late February/early March we again moved to an area further north; and operated out of a special forces camp called "Polei Kleng" in an area n/o Kontum, but s/o Dak To. By early summer of 69' my unit was back where I had started my tour in the An Khe area; sorta of a start/finish point for me personally, or one big circle! I left country out of Cam Ranh Bay in late August of 69'. I have bumped into guys over the years, and after talking with them, we figured out that we probably had crossed paths while over there. In keeping with the fact that this is the Fordsix.com site; congratulations once again on the "hardware"/Trophy that you won! Hopefully there will many more! Take Care, Jim

63Falconconvert,

Here's some new pics of the engine!
PC090003-1.jpg

PC090002-1.jpg

PC090001.jpg

PC090007.jpg

PB180007.jpg

Mustang_3.jpg

There!

Harry

james singleton":1n57czoq said:
After arriving in Plieku (Camp Enari/ the 4th's home base) in August of 68', my unit (HHQ "Scouts")was operating in the An Khe area, home of the 1st Air Calavary (Camp Ratcliffe) at the time.

My dad was stationed with the 1st. Cav at Ahn Khe in '67 if I remember right. He worked on the powertrains of the Huey helicopters so he TDY'ed all over though. :D

Eric, Like they say, it is a small world sometimes. If your Dad was there in 67' then I probably would not have crossed paths with him (I was there in 68' & 69'). The 1st Air Cav's base camp was called Camp Ratcliffe and it had a small hill that sat in the middle of the base camp. There was a good size emblem/insignia for the 1st Air Cav's that had been placed on the side of the hill, and could be seen from quite a distant. You probably know the insignia, a big yellow/gold patch with a black horse on top and a black stripe running diagonally across the patch. Had a couple of beers when I was in Camp Ratcliffe. They also had a small little snack shack that actually sold hamburgers; that was a rare treat for over there. Still remember that! Hopefully your Dad is alive and doing well; if so, say hello for me! Jim

Not only is that one sweet lookin Mustang, Congrats!!..... but it inspires me to keep plugging away on mine.... So thanks! and again good job, great car!

Back