info on OHV and DOHV 6s

A

Anonymous

Gentlemen,
In the USA Ford only has OHV 6s. I've now have a 250-6 with an Australian head . I've read that in Australia Ford has OHC 6s. Tell me something about them. What is their stock cubic inches and HP? What HP can you get out of a modified street version? Would I be able to fit one in my '65 Falcon that now has the 250 in it?
Also does Ford have a DOHC 6 version?
Thanks for the help, Hotrod Bill

Bill,

Without serious subframe bracing, that new DOHC turbo motor would tie the car in a knot. The possible issues are: Exhaust and turbo clearance on the turbo version only, intake runner clearance against the shock tower and brace on all, and the steering centre link would be the main areas of concern.

The post-66 car is stiffer, and it may be possible to clear the turbo. I have to say, the exhaust note on the new ones doesn't inspire. But who cares when you've 340 horsepower?

Adam.

RogueS said it best.....
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

Take out the steering box and place in a rack and pinion, hammer the spring towers, cut the braces, do anything...can't be as hard as a FE 427 into a Compact Fairlane to make it a Thunderbolt....you gotta get yourself one of these...

Thanks for all the great info on the DOHC 6 !!!!! Can anyone send me a picture of an OHC-6, or especially an DOHC 6.

Thanks again, Hotrod Bill

Back