All Small Six Is this a big bell 200?

This relates to all small sixes

doublehfarm

hoping this might be the unicorn big bell six?? Yes or no ?

Thanks

Attachments

• 08B5CF56-40DB-4BED-A255-2FC3AB8B9874.jpeg
    08B5CF56-40DB-4BED-A255-2FC3AB8B9874.jpeg
    673.7 KB · Views: 10
Yes it sure could be its certainly at least part of the right number, but still need to see the rear of the block to be able to tell 100%. Because Ford also made both the High Starter mount and Low Starter mount blocks at the same time that year. Ford only used the Big Bell Blocks for the new for 1982 C5 Automatic Transmissions. Good Luck

Yes it sure could be its certainly at least part of the right number, but still need to see the rear of the block to be able to tell 100%. Because Ford also made both the High Starter mount and Low Starter mount blocks at the same time that year. The big Bell Blocks were only used for the C5 Auto Transmissions. Good Luck
Attached a pic for you thanks for the help

Congrats that is the late 200 Six Big Bell Block. What are your plans for it? If your not using the C5 Auto Trans behind that block be sure to keep that Auto Trans Flex Plate, Its reinforcement Plate and Bolts and the Block spacer Plate most of those parts with the exception of the Crankshaft Bolts are getting very hard to find now.

Congrats that is the late 200 Six Big Bell Block. What are your plans for it? If your not using the C5 Auto Trans behind that block be sure to keep that Auto Trans Flex Plate, Its reinforcement Plate and Bolts and the Block spacer Plate most of those parts with the exception of the Crankshaft Bolts are getting very hard to find now.
well i was hoping to put it on an ax -15 for an early bronco. upon reading further it seems may have a problem with the flywheel. this engine has the sbf bellhousing correct? what flywheel for manual trans???

Hi doublehfarm, I just sent you a PM that should answer all your questions.

OP, no issue with the Flywheel. Modern Drive Line has them although spendy, they are billet lite weight and excepts 10 or 10.5" clutch. I just purchase one. it'll be zero balance with the correct crank bolt pattern. Now if you are running a Auto trans that is a different story.

thanks for pics'. I've never actually seen Low starter "Big Bell" , wonder if not sold in my local DSO.

have fun

To make it fit an SBF, you'll need to drill the SBF bellhousing for the upper 2 bolts. There should be enough meat to do so. The classic inlines site has a thing on this.

Back