Looks like project rebuild before xmas is go

Anlushac11

1K+
VIP
8)

Cant get ahold of the guy who was going to redo the head gasket, so...car has 80,000miles on motor so I have decided to rebuild the shortblock.

I am paying a family friend who I have known for years and is currently unemployed to help me pull the shortblock 200 out of the Stang and take it in to be rebuilt.

I am going for stock rebuild with Tempo HSC pistons and ARP rod bolts if I can get them to put them in. I am asking them not to put the cam in since i will be putting in my choice of cam.

Now just need the weather to hold out for next Wensday.

It looks like Im looking at about $1000 or little more.

Weather should hold out allright...There talking a high of 50 by next Thursday....That would be almost "Tropical" in Minnesota ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Good Luck!!

Later,

Doug

8)

I HATE LATE MODEL ENGINE COMPARTMENTS!!!

Now thats thats out, I have the engine stripped down to the longblock and exhaust manifold and starter. I could have engine out by tomorrow with help but may not have more til Saturday or Sunday. Heck Im now unemployed so time is not a problem at moment.

I have never seen so much emissions crap and EGR and getting the exhaust off is a pain with the manifold mounted light off converter.

Back