All Small Six Motor Mounts for foxbody with 200

This relates to all small sixes

I have 1978 Fairmont motor mounts with modified 78 Fairmont motor mount brackets in my 63 200 six Falcon.
I didn't see any improvement over the 65 motor mounts that I replaced.

"...Does anyone know where I can find motor mounts for a foxbody with a six?..."
"...I have 1978 Fairmont motor mounts with modified 78 Fairmont motor mount brackets in my 63 200 six Falcon...
This is for the later model: marquis/ltd - right after the zepher, motor mount supplied @ K member~

"...Does anyone know where I can find motor mounts for a foxbody with a six?..."
"...I have 1978 Fairmont motor mounts with modified 78 Fairmont motor mount brackets in my 63 200 six Falcon...
This is for the later model: marquis/ltd - right after the zepher, motor mount supplied @ K member~
My comment that had nothing to do with the subject at hand which should have been obvious by when purposely I said: "my 63 200 six Falcon."

"...find motor mounts for a foxbody with a six..."
junk yard (exact match), adapt 200 mounts from the falcon platform (buddy who welds), the numerous 'pages' on FB for these cars (I just got trims for the '85 fox waggy "LTD"), the numerous sites on the net that cater to these cars (esp stang), the "typical vendors" for these rigs (MM, LMC, etc) custom make from scratch - make ur own (there isa 'pour from can" goop U can replace the rubber onto the metal (plate that has the bolts or nuts on it). U need to form a 'dam' or mould around the part that mimics the ol rotted out 'rubber' as it dries.
Ie - do not give up. Rest awhile but get back to it. Do not let fools delay U 4ever~

Hold several models or just the correct in hand & look, compare to the need.
Define what U mean by motor mounts. (I think I said this earlier). Back then there were 2 separate 1/2s : a mount (I call it - motor side) and a tower (I call it, the frame side). This may B needed to start U off right, proper nomenclature~

Keep talkin~

I've just been driving the car honestly it feels like i'm about to die going over any bump and pebble in the road but oh well

I've just been driving the car honestly it feels like i'm about to die going over any bump and pebble in the road but oh well
Well that's something! Wasn't too long ago you were working to get it running. ☺️
bumps. . humm. how do bumps equate to motor mounts? A bad mm allows the engine to tilt up out of it's cradle and/or lots of interior vibration. It's an honest question, I'm not sure I'm following the connection m mounts to road bumps.

yeah - dat's a springs/shocks thing (so hard to diagnose remotely) in my mind...
(I've not re-read the thread, just stoppin by due to 'notification' in my bx).

"...driving the car honestly..."
that might not B driving honestly as U could be "whistling in the dark'n"
tearin the vehicle up.

Not sure here but this might B another example of "answ embedded in Q" Ie:
some times it takes us a multi-page romp thru da woods to provide help. One
time a fella (off shore too) posts "What's the best fan for my car?" Tons of posts / pages later
we found it was an over heat (tru deff?: puckin out the system) situation. He needed a shroud.
As I B membah ur mount looked fine in da pic (but I didnt C much in da pic). Start w/symptoms
"the rig learches'n bounces like a top ona spring, what can it B?" Sorry, dont wanna B patronizing~

Last edited:
Well that's something! Wasn't too long ago you were working to get it running. ☺️
bumps. . humm. how do bumps equate to motor mounts? A bad mm allows the engine to tilt up out of it's cradle and/or lots of interior vibration. It's an honest question, I'm not sure I'm following the connection m mounts to road bumps.
The motor is resting on top of the steering rack. there is no space or clearance between the two. The car has new shocks on all four corners.

ok, thank you. justa different way of stating, also i take things litterally, am easy to confuse, sorry.
wondering if its just mounts. Been under it, ona lift, etc?
No driving till assured of diagnosis / repair I'd say...

Re-read the whole post. # 17 looks like something suggested from post #25. Any progress?

The motor is resting on top of the steering rack. there is no space or clearance between the two. The car has new shocks on all four corners.
Ok, I see. . Is there any way to shim them up to raise the engine? A flat metal between the mount and frame. I did this on an old car with compressed worn out mounts to get the damper up off a crossmember. (Wasn't touching but very close.) Even a 1/4" raise would be beneficial.
Rock Auto shows mounts for an '83 Marquis with a 200. ???

cant tell but his #17 post looks right.

Back