All Small Six Motor Mounts for foxbody with 200

This relates to all small sixes

marquis83

Does anyone know where I can find motor mounts for a foxbody with a six?

I looked on rock auto but the picture for the part is different than what's in my car.

The mounts on my car have sagged to the point that the oil pan is sitting on the steering rack.

I cant C nuttin (or is it: 'that's all I C")?
Anyway - if some 1 told me it was broken I'd use "the put in gear and keep brake on, give it a lill gas'n observe" method to prove/disprove.
If broken (from observation) I'd just pull (place in wooden block) and get new/used/rebuild. HTH~
Is this what you seek? Is there something more?

Only ones I see online look like this pic, but they don't look anything like what you have.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 4
'n even those R different (#5) than the slightly similar we DO use, rabbit.
We need an archive of thread (pieces) catalogued by specific car sections. There'd
B 5 or 6 pic in the 'towers'n mounts for i6 thru the yrs'.
I'm willing to create the "table of contents" or section areas. The real bear would B
sectioning the threads and matchin to that listing...
Fastest pic I can link-ya:

Post #3 is the 1st of my links??
My 'low mount' ("Late Mav") (or should I say Seth's) are different than any of these...
(so that makes 5 already). The esteemed "well known member's" look like my 2nd link above but even different...

can U tell frm his pic what he seeks?

Do you, by chance, have the V6 in an 83 or later Mustang?

If not, what year is your Mustang?

Hi John, he has a 1983 Mercury Marquis with one of the Big Bell Housing 200 Six's and is backed up by a C5 Auto Trans.

Have you tried checking for the same year LTD? I'm sure they would use the same mounts, by then they calling the panther cars Crown Vics and used the LTD name on the smaller cars.

"...calling the panther cars Crown Vics and..."
and GRAND marquis on the merc. The fox (having this i6 engine) left off the "grand" on the merc. Getting parts for
my fox wagon (LTD) is very difficult (usually the panther/crown vic parts get shipped, brought to counter, etc).

One will B advantaged by listing it: "3.3L Marquis" when trying for most anything (preceeded by yr of vehicle).
Even so I can not find a: "3.8 LTD" Y pipe no matter my search for an '85 exhaust down pipe'n cats.

I ended up ordering the marmon a2341 mounts from rock auto for $20 just to see.
They definitely won't work, the bolt holes don't line up with the studs on the motor mount bracket.

Have you tried checking for the same year LTD? I'm sure they would use the same mounts, by then they calling the panther cars Crown Vics and used the LTD name on the smaller cars.
That's one of the first things I do but there wasn't any difference this time. I even checked zephyrs and cougars

"...calling the panther cars Crown Vics and..."
and GRAND marquis on the merc. The fox (having this i6 engine) left off the "grand" on the merc. Getting parts for
my fox wagon (LTD) is very difficult (usually the panther/crown vic parts get shipped, brought to counter, etc).

One will B advantaged by listing it: "3.3L Marquis" when trying for most anything (preceeded by yr of vehicle).
Even so I can not find a: "3.8 LTD" Y pipe no matter my search for an '85 exhaust down pipe'n cats.
Once I went to Napa to get brake pads for my car and the smart guy at the counter gave me grand marquis pads.
Of course I didn't realize this until I had the brakes completely taken apart. Why won't the new pads fit???
Only ones I see online look like this pic, but they don't look anything like what you have.
These ones look similar to what I ordered but they appear a bit thicker from this angle. I might try and order a set of these next.

People have a tendency to lump all the fox bodies together and for the most part they are the same but there were minor differences from one line to another and can sometimes prevent a direct interchange without changing something else.

People have a tendency to lump all the fox bodies together and for the most part they are the same but there were minor differences from one line to another and can sometimes prevent a direct interchange without changing something else.
Yeah, starting to feel the burn of the 1 year car.
Only the 1983 marquis/ltd had the inline 6.

Other engine options included the 2.3, 3.8 and 5.0.

Seems that mounts for all those options are still available.

Will see if there's anything at the junkyard tomorrow

Just went thru 9 pages of ford ltd motor mounts on ebay.

Nothing, but the 3.8 mounts look close. May be able to modify a set of these To work.

Untitled.png

THIS was a true transition vehicle (of the millennia) going multi engine, carb to throttle body, multi-tranny, etc.
The K member is all the same 4, bent6'n 8. Only the i6 is different due to ( l e n g t h ) of motor. So...
May B... no other tower/mount will fit?
Tryn find out if the L & R mounts are "identical' so as to not get screwed.
My "late Mav" low mount specials are not symmetric (R Not mirror images).

Those Big Bell 200 Six's were first used in the 1982 year model Ford Mustang's and Mercury Capri's with a C5 Trans, I don't know if they would of used the same Motor Mounts as yours though. Probably some other models had them too. By the way the Damper Doctor had a service to Rebuild Motor Mounts too.

THIS was a true transition vehicle (of the millennia) going multi engine, carb to throttle body, multi-tranny, etc.
The K member is all the same 4, bent6'n 8. Only the i6 is different due to ( l e n g t h ) of motor. So...
May B... no other tower/mount will fit?
Tryn find out if the L & R mounts are "identical' so as to not get screwed.
My "late Mav" low mount specials are not symmetric (R Not mirror images).
the six k member is the same as the others it just have an extra piece that need to be cut off to put a v8 in

Back