motor problem/ questions

A

Anonymous

I just recently had a 215 built. It has been bored .060 and decked among other things. i am having a problem with it leaking/seeping oil out of the head gasket on the passanger side of the motor i can see air bubbles inbetween the head and the block when it is idleing. I retorqued the head bolts and this has not fixed it. I have about 300 miles on the motor and it is only getting worse. It also blows oil out of the breather pretty bad while driving. Has anyone had these problems before or know what might cause them? I am going to take it back to the machine shop on monday but im looking for some insight.

Thanks, Travis

were all surfaces checked to make sure they weren't warped?
other than that, i can only think of it being a headgasket problem

ya, they were both decked and as flat as could be, so they said.

i just found out what all the causes could be. But if anyone has any personal experience you could share please do so.

hey Travis.

dood, lemme know how ya make out on this deal.
only thing i have heard of is MAYBE it could be your head gasket is bad if its an NOS copper gasket. my engine guy said it was common on the 215/223/262 heads.

Head bolts bottoming out? Or, could the deck be twisting/bulging under tensioning loads?

I got my car back and everythign is fine now. The machine shop put a new headgasket on and a few of the valve guide seals had come off which i saw when i had the valve cover off to retorque the head. i put a baffle in the valve cover to keep the oil from coming out the breather.

The car runs great, ive been messing with the advance and jets but everything is turning out really good With a few more things to try, adn build this thing will be running excelent and ready to beat my buddys flathead.......

Back