All Small Six Need a carb !!

This relates to all small sixes

goldfinger1957

Hey guys,

It's been a while since the bottom end of my 65, 200 out of my Falcon finally came back.
Little history:
Cylinder head complete with new valves, 1.50/1.75 intake & exhaust along with 302 springs and viton deals. Milled .090 off head.
Bottom end: new flat silverline pistons & rings, new 264/274 cam, double roller timing, pushrods, ect....basically a complete top & bottom rebuild.
DUI distributor calls for an upgrade to the single Autolite 1100...I was hoping to purchase the Weber 32/36 conversion with manual choke but no one seems to have one available. I know the come from Spain and its been almost a year now that Vintage Inlines has been "out of stock".
Now what ?? Anyone have any ideas as to how I can continue to move forward ?20220111_162003.jpgScreenshot_20220112-105407_Samsung Internet.jpg

If your old 1100 was running well you could keep using it until you find something else. Use intake manifold vacuum to run your new distributor, and cap the vacuum port on the side of the carb. Not the optimal configuration, but if you still have your old carb it's cheap and easy, and gets your engine running now instead of waiting for parts.

If your old 1100 was running well you could keep using it until you find something else. Use intake manifold vacuum to run your new distributor, and cap the vacuum port on the side of the carb. Not the optimal configuration, but if you still have your old carb it's cheap and easy, and gets your engine running now instead of waiting for parts.
I do have a new 1100 still in the box prior to purchasing the DUI distributor. It sounds like it could work, but like you said definitely not optimal. I'm still hoping that Matt over at Vintage Inlines comes through and these carbs become available soon. In the meantime I'm still waiting on heat wrap for my header and a few other adjustments before I drop her in the bay.
But I appreciate the alternative application. 20210409_132115.jpg

You can try contacting Red Line Weber Carb's in California they have been in bussness for many years. http://www.redlineweber.com

There are also some do it yourself manual choke converstion kits made to use on the Weber 32 / 36 and the 38 / 38 carb's here is one example. https://www.ebay.com/itm/MANUAL-CHO...-/272523066682?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Best of luck on your Falcon
Excellent...just emailed them. We'll see. If I don't hear from them I'll give them a call.

Your DUI distributor is not properly recurved for your combination.
The late DUI is also known for oil starvation of the distributor shaft.
Keep running manifold vacuum.
If you want all those problems let me know. Bill wsa111

Not sure what you mean that the DUI distributor is not recurved for my combination.
I'm pretty much following the Ford inline six Performance manual. Matt over at Vintage Inlines got back to me and is checking the status of thr 32/36 carbs. He may have to order the automatic choke models and purchase the manual choke conversion kits to change it over. It would be great if he comes through. Fingers crossed.16420788332861658092242919018150.jpg

Not sure what you mean that the DUI distributor is not recurved for my combination.

Bill is referring to the distributor advance curve, which is not optimal for your engine. {Or mine!]
He offers a re-curving service which is customised to the inline 6, and to the customer's engine spec.

For example, the Ford inline 6 sat in a Bronco needs a different advance curve to the same engine sat in a Mustang.

How about rebuilding a used Weber carb. ? They came stock on many cars back in the day, but they liked to wear out the throttle shaft bores. Used to rebuild many of them when i worked in the sports car shop... Also, they have been out for so many years on aftermarket conversions. Im sure a good used, and rebuildable Weber carb. could be found online.

Strange because from what I've read you shouldn't put a high velocity oil pump in with the DUI because it pulls too much oil out of the pan. At least thats what it says. When I get to the point of installing the distributor and hooking everything up prior to starting, if I have any trouble I'll be sure to reach out. From everything I've read and watched it seems pretty straightforward. 16420898154682053016613910260795.jpg

How about rebuilding a used Weber carb. ? They came stock on many cars back in the day, but they liked to wear out the throttle shaft bores. Used to rebuild many of them when i worked in the sports car shop... Also, they have been out for so many years on aftermarket conversions. Im sure a good used, and rebuildable Weber carb. could be found online.
That might be tough given it's going on a small log like the Falcon. Matt over at Vintage Inlines is checking status of current stock and will get back to me.

Bill is referring to the distributor advance curve, which is not optimal for your engine. {Or mine!]
He offers a re-curving service which is customised to the inline 6, and to the customer's engine spec.

For example, the Ford inline 6 sat in a Bronco needs a different advance curve to the same engine sat in a Mustang.
I'm in NW Georgia. Not sure how this service will reach me.

Back