not ANOTHER header flange thread... or is it?

I snt some comments to Tommy...

3/4 divider seems a little thick. and what is with the oval hole above #4 exhaust port?

oh and can I ask what casting number head you two are doing fit up on?

The spare head I was using is a C7 I believe, my stock 68-er. I also have an EO head as well I can check everything on. Everything lined up perfect on the C7 though. I want to go through and make sure everything is good because if my taping job is off then so would everything else lol

Tommy....

send me your snail mail and I cna run it off on the plotter at work fullsize and mail down to you. Stamps are cheaper than steel.

Racin.....I have never seen an angled studd on the exhaust side?

The last six head that I pulled off of a 250 in a maverick had the angled stud. It comes off at a right angle to the engine, probably to hold the manifold in place while you put the bolts in.

Thats weird, I wish I had a picture of it.

It was at a different angle to the gasket surface.

Funny part about it, is I just went out to my fairmont to see if it had it, and all the bolts are perpendicular to the gasket surface on that.

I see no reason to have an oval hole on the gasket if that wasnt the case, and I swear up and down it was real...

I will have to check my 82' motor...

on a side note, I think I am going with a light-weight recycled composite style intake....

or maybe I already welded up an intake :eek:

Back