Parts compatibility between XY/XA/XB and XC Falcon distributors

slowhoon

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the points, rotor arm and condenser are compatible between the pre-crossflow and early crossflow distributors?

For example, an XA Falcon might have a Bosch distributor with 9230062608 stamped on the side along with ARD10E-12100-C (or something similar) and it would therefore use the following Bosch parts:
Rotor Arm - GB502
Points (Contact set) - GB534
Condenser - GB530

On the other hand I'd expect an XC Falcon to have a Bosch distributor with a shorter body (to fit under the inlet manifold) and have a code on the side starting 74DA - but are the parts listed above the same for this distributor?

Thanks in advance,
Alan.

"I think" they are all the same as far as points and condensers go, you could go to the later electronic without much difficulty, I have an electronic in my Xflow, the block is xd vintage. there is two shaft diameters.

"I think" they are all the same as far as points and condensers go, you could go to the later electronic without much difficulty, I have an electronic in my Xflow, the block is xd vintage. there is two shaft diameters.
Thanks. I run in a historic race category that requires the dizzy runs points - and the distributor lobes are worn between 16 and 36 thou, causing misfiring around 5500rpm.

I have a lead on what looks like an XC dizzy that was reconditioned decades ago but I'm cautious because of the aforementioned points/rotor arm/condenser. I know what the part numbers are for my existing dizzy (I bought new ones a few years ago) but can't find part numbers for the XC one.

Update: I've managed to answer the Rotor Arm question at least.

The Bosch part number for the later distributor is GB787. The GB502 Rotor Arm is not compatible with the later distributor (the shaft it goes onto is too big a diameter).

The GB787 is NLA and unless a New Old Stock one turns up they have to be specially made - and it sounds like the business in Australia that does that is not planning to make any in the near future. I'll keep investigating.

Back