Some thoughts on adding fuel, boost and propane to a diesel

Jeep supposedly is going to introduce a TD version of the Liberty here next year. Not the euro version, it has a 2.8l Mitsu 5-cylinder, rather than the 3.0l Benz diesel for everywhere else. Come on, give us the good stuff! I would pay money for a new Ranger diesel. I know it would be a lot better than the old ones, but those really weren't bad once they were pressurized.

Jared

addo":gkfuiab1 said:
I should point out that Noel is Australian. It has long been a national pastime to stir Americans.
It's good to know the rules. In which case...

Hey Noel. Shut your hoel. :p

Sorry for the interruption, Stan. You were saying... ;)

Now, now Mates, let's not be dissing on Ozzies! I plan to visit :eek:z: and :NZ: one day, and hope to feel welcome... :D :nod:

Stan-

Man, 14.4; we're just a bit behind with 13.5 being about tops with a minimum on top requirement (divert twenty-fifty miles away). Those are never cool! I've been a guest on many ships (mainly amphibs) due to my old job, but never ships company. I haven't purposely avoided it, it's just the path I've taken.

Ford HAS a great new 3.9L DI TD in Europe(& poss. Asia), but it just ain't here. The domestic "product planners" all seem to be graduates of the Benjamin Dover School of Marketing! Y'all remember Ben Dover. Have to agree that our choices are all pretty tied to high initial prices and cheap gasoline; we're in deep **** if the price of either goes up, well, at least those of us who have to have a new truck/SUV/car/limo every 2 years.

We could probably see some diesel fuel price drops if some of the big agribusiness corporations would get into biodiesel fuel production. After all, Rudolph Diesel never exhibited his engines running on petro fuel oil, only vegetable oil, feeling that the independence & self-sufficiency that allowed a farmer was one of the major advantages of his compression ignition engine. Of course, that attitude may have even cost him his life.
Who knows?

J.R.

JR, speaking of biodiesel, these guys are mates of my friends. I don't have time to gallivant around making a racket. ;) (Watch for pop-ups - it's Tripod.)

Fat is good! :D

My site is also hosted buy Tripod. Befor Lycos got Tripod I didn't have all those popup's and had over 2 times the storage.

Yes you are boring us to tears. Keep talking I'm still lissening!

Back to the important stuff.

We can not use Biodiesel expecally Soydiesel. It lubes the pumps increasing pump and injector life. And then the dumb farmers like me that are just to stupid to quit and too far in Debt to be able to get out could maybe accually make a liveing. And the most important thing!!! Someone wouldn't be makeing money on oil. Eathnol is the same way.

One very important thing in Diesel technology you don't hear anything about is. Torque Rise! I've been around a lot of Diesel and I have yet to like any as well as the Genesis Diesel. That 210hp diesel ate the 217hp 8.3L cummins and the 260hp 3208 Cat. You can have your powerstrokes, 5.9 Cummins if I could have any diesel in my truck it would be a Genesis.

The best thing I've seen added to the Turbo Diesel is the Waste gate turbo. Which helps increase Torque rise. I would not want at any other type of a turbo.

I'm very interested in feeding LP to Diesels.

Keep the information comming.
Jeremy

Back