SOOT

A

Anonymous

G'DAY, IVE PUT ANOTHER MOTOR IN MY XE FALC 6, SEEMS TO RUN O'K' OLD MOTOR WAS NACKERED!, OLD EXHAUST SEEMS TO BLOW OUT A LARGE AMOUNT OF BLACK SOOTY TYPE STUFF, IF THIS IS OLD GUNK FROM BEFORE HOW LONG DOES IT USUALLY TAKE TO CLEEN ITSELF OUT, OR DOE YOU'S RECKON TO FIT ANOTHER EXHAUST ??? .......PS COULD THIS BLACK DISCHARGE ALSO BE FROM RUNNING TO RICH??, IT IS AN EFI I THOUGHT THE COMPUTER RAN THE MIXTURES !!! THANKS

8) if you pulled this motor from a non-used car, you should replace the sensors on the motor, particularly the o2 sensor, and the throttle position sensor. these are the most important, but the cts, act, and map sensors also should be replaces. also make sure you have full vacuum. in the carb days vacuum being a bit low was not a problem, but these days it can very well be as the computer is told the engine need more fuel when it really doesnt.

THANK'S FOR THE REPLY, ENGINE(BLOCK WITH PISTONS ETC) WAS USED , BUT LOOKED O'K', HEAD WAS REFURBISHED NEW CAM LIFTERS CHAIN, WE KEPT ALL OTHER GEAR EFI,ETC AS BEFORE, YOU CAN WIPE YOUR FINGER INSIDE E-PIPE AND A THICK LAYER OF SOOT IS THERE , PREVIOUS ENGINE USED AHEAP OF OIL, BUT AFTER 1 WEEK I THOUGHT IT WOULD HAVE BURNT OUT OLD RESIDUE BY NOW?, THE CAR SEEMS TO RUN ALRIGHT OTHERWISE!!!!!!! .

Back