SVO injectors part numbers?

A

Anonymous

Was at a swap meet today, and came across a set of brand new SVO injectors (x8). But the guy didn't know anything about them!

He thinks they are a upgrade injector for a Boss V8? Which seems weird as I thought the only V8 the yanks got was the 302W and what we call a "Boss" isn't available over there yet!

I have a picture being sent to my email via a mates cell phone with camera on it but it hasn't come through yet. will show all asap.

Does anyone know anywhere where I can find spec's on them if I get the part numbers?

Thanks in Advance

Sorry Buddy. The bigger V8 could mean anything!

Look into the web, check the Aussie forums, and do some leg work.

Other option is to buy the 2005 Ford SVO catalogue, and then read through what follows, becasue the information is specific to models Americans don't get.

All injectors are Bosch or Siemens, and have a different color code, and there are specs on them somewhere on the web. Good ones have a 10% accuracy, but as long as the code numbers and colors are checked, you can find out what the pounds per hour flow rating is. There is a fitting Type.

When looking on the net, there are some things you need to know:-

Aussie V8's were odd ball, as the engines after 1995 were actually Aussie modified Windsors sourced from SUV Explorers and Mercury trucks. After 1998, the Aussie V8 was a truck Windsor with the aftermarket Mustang Cobra bits added later. The EL GT 200 kW engine is basically the last full house GT40 headed engines used on aftermarket Mustangs.

The Windsor V8 Injectors ran three types.
Stock 165 kw (US 5.0 225 hp),
The GT40 spec versions for the 5.0 185, 200, 220. The Showa intake with the big 13 mm phenolic spacer is a dead giveaway.
The SVO types for the T3 250 kW, with the Boss 260 intake.

After 2004, all the domestic Ocker stuff is Canadian Windsor CKD packs, assembled in Aussie, but with even more changes.

Stock 220 injectors are just what is used in the 5.4 Triton 3 valve Truck V8 in the States. There will be figures on the net on that somewhere.

When you get the BA XR8 the Aussie 5.4's were totally unique.

The Boss 260,
Boss 290 and
DJR 320 use Australian specific parts,

Americans don't have quad cam 5.4's off the shelf becasue they don't fit. Saleen and others offer packages, but you'll have to sft through web pages to get the ratings.

Back