THE EVIL CHEVY NAME

walkingtrails":1sz685wv said:
Its been quite a while since I've seen one, but a relative once acquired a 250 that had been yanked out of a smogged up Nova, and I thought that GM had changed the intake manifold configuration or something...I thought it had become intregal with the head by then...same as the small Ford. Someone who knows more please correct me if I'm wrong.

The 1979 250 light truck motor had a two barrel carb and a spiit exhaust maniford. I remember driving them and finding the performance was not that remarkable, but it was cool to hear the 2V open up. Those motors did not hold up as good as earlier Chevy 250s.

From '75 to '84 the integral intake was used to save money.

The 79 had the integral intake manifold and to get any performance at all you must first get an older model head so you can put an intake on it and get headers. The manifold, carb (2 or small 4 barrel) willl make a huge difference. Steves Nova Site has a lot of info on this engine.

I myself just got rid of the Integral 'Head from the 250/TH-350 combo I picked up from Jacks a couple of months back. WOW,what a HEAVYWEIGHT that 'Head is :!: The 'Head itself must've weighed in around 50-Lbs :!: . Then there's the lower Exhaust Manifold('nother STONE!),this bolts on from underneith(I gave the guy's the Manifold...they could sell that later on down the line....). I salvaged the Carb,the Pushrods/Rocker-Arms/Valves & Valve-Cover(I collect 'six' 'Covers...)and took them all to the Machine-Shop for cleaning. I will plop a rebuilt 230 'Head on this Engine & put in a Car someday. ~OO6.

If anyone needs one of those exh mainfolds for the itegral 250 brand "C" head I have one. for those here free + shipping.

Back