eBay Upper Midwest Deal Alert! Lo-Mount Starter 200 & A 250

TrickSix

I just took the heads and distributors and some misc. stuff off of a nice E0 low-mount starter engine and a C9 250. The guy just wanted to get rid of them quickly and had both engines on Craigslist super cheap. I didn't need a 250 or a low mount starter block swap hassle, and didn't have a way to get whole engines home or room to store them. But I wanted to save at least the heads before they got scrapped. The 200 especially is in great shape, supposedly only had 9,000 miles on a good rebuild before it got pulled for a V8 swap. The 250 looked okay too, should be rebuildable. They both have cranks, rods, pistons, cams, lifters, oil pans, front covers, water pumps, and motor mounts. No bellhousings. There was a loose flexplate marked 250, a freaky carburetor, and some misc parts, but they were mostly kind of buried and I didn't get to look through them. The seller wasn't sure what all was there anyway. When he gets them out I get a few things if they're there - principally the 250 exhaust manifold, an 1100, maybe another carb, and the ignition box to the 200's distributor.

Anyway, get 'em while they're hot! The seller wants them out of his garage and will scrap them if nothing else. He lives in the country in southern Minnesota, the nearest town of any consequence is Mankato. Money talks of course, but I doubt the guy would be interested in shipping them. But if you can get there with a truck or a trailer in the near future, he'll let you have them cheap. I asked him to keep his Craigslist ad up for a while yet so I could see if anyone around here could save them. Search the Mankato Minnesota Craigslist for Ford 200 (titles only) and there it is. I see a lot of wanted ads for engines - here you go! If you're lucky enough to live nearby and have a way to get them that is. Good luck, I hope they find a new home.

Hey, if you do wind up making the trip to pick them up, and you have an extra headless 200 laying around, bring it along and swing by my place! I was looking for a normal 200 when I ran across these.

Hmmm, I thought there'd be a little more action here... I might go back and plunder those blocks a little more. The pushrods I took out of the 200 with the head looked brand new, maybe I'll grab the lifters too. A lot of people don't like the new ones, slightly used old ones might be better. Maybe the cam is near new too. But if someone is going to use them, I won't keep taking stuff off the blocks.

I just talked to the owner about going over to pick a few more parts. He's got a new project he wants room for. Both (headless) engines are FREE to the first taker. But he definitely does not want to ship them at all.

Back