All Small Six Weber 38/38 progressive jetting

This relates to all small sixes

clochard68

Subscriber
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2022
Supporter 2023
I just ordered a Weber 38/38 for my 200 that is currently equipped with a Weber 32/36.
The 38/38 will be modified to a progressive linkage, like in the video below.

Has anyone here done it and can give some advice on jetting?

Yes I hope so too. But I haven't found any info online on how to jet a progressive 38 for a six cylinder.

The standard jetting of the 38/38 is lower as what I have in my Weber 32/36 right now, so I'm struggeling what jetting I should start with.
Here is a little jetting overview:

Standard jetting 38/38Standard jetting 32/36Weber 32/36 as on my engine
Main jet primary145140155
Main jet secondary145135160
Air corrector primary170165180
Air corrector secondary170160160
Emulsion tube primaryF50??
Emulsion tube secondaryF50??
Idle jet primary555560
Idle jet secondary555050
Pump jet70 both barrels50 only primary60 only primary
Auxiliary venturies4.03.53.5

Last edited:
I'm interested and following the thread. I've been focusing on metalwork and planned on doing engine upgrades later in the project.

The procedure that has been documented and used many times on this forum will be the same for you.
Install an air/fuel ratio meter.
Then lock out the secondary and properly jet the primary.
Then release the secondary and jet it so the air/fuel ratio remains the same for all throttle openings and loads.

In general, idle can be rich enough for good off idle response and torque.
Cruising can be between 15 and 16.
WOT around 12.5

Last edited:
Thanks Paul, I hadn't thought about jetting the primary first on it's own, but it makes totally sense!

I will try to get a decent jet kit somewhere...

Thanks Paul, I hadn't thought about jetting the primary first on it's own, but it makes totally sense!

I will try to get a decent jet kit somewhere...
I would start with the jets that are in it, then work from that baseline. May not need a jet kit.
What about the accelerator pump-shot. Does it have nozzles in both barrels? If so, did you block the now secondary barrel nozzle? How?

Thanks for the advice Frank.

I ordered a single side accelerator pump jet that is designed for the 32/36 to put into the 38. Same size (#70) as the double side that was originally in. I have a spare #60 and #50 from the 32/36 if I need to go lower.

Back