What mufflers

Im running 2" all the way back off a stock manifold to a cherry bomb.....loud as all heck, especially accelleration and highway cruise. TOO loud if you ask me..but im poor so i cant change it yet. Backfires like no tomorrow letting off the gas. Everything is set right up front, but man it comes out loud. I got enough rom underneath to run anything I want though...at least that's nice.

khardrunner14 wrote:
Backfires like no tomorrow letting off the gas

I want to run a dual system like the Shelby competition models (with the tips ahead of the rear wheels), but I'm concerned about the sound quality, specially after what khardrunner14 said...

Right now I have an old 50 series Flowmaster and I really love how it sounds....

43_12_s.JPG

Alex

I have heard that adding a x-pipe or some sort of crossover will do away with most of the popping.

My Muffler man Jeff salpped in some turbos and chrome straight tips and, oh lord what a balanced sound. Smooth whith a little good rumbling to midrange and, then a bit of rapping like noise through the top end. But with the weber at wide open throttle it throws out a sound that no buzzing import or big block can ever produce. And all for a mere $213.56 :eek:

I'd really love to hear a 200 roaring through a Dynomax bullet "muffler".

I have dual 40 series delta flows, 2". They sound awsome. I took my stang to around 6500rpms once (very stupid-I know :oops: ) and the roar scared the living shite out of me. :shock:

Back