pistons

I was going to make them work for me. I havent even started building my motor yet, just collecting parts. Thanks Mike!

I think what Mike was getting at was if your engine needs to be bored more than .020 then these won't work for you no matter what you do. Most blocks seem to need between .020 and .040 at rebuild time, so these may or may not work for you. Only boring a block .020 just to match a set of pistons when it really needed to go .030 would not be the best use of your rebuilding dollars no matter how much you save initially on the pistons. However, if .020 is all your block really needs then this is what you need. :)

That puts a different perspective on things. But as it stands, i have 3 blocks to work with, so im sure out of them i could find one that they would work on. Dont you think? Maybe ill get them, maybe i wont. Its just a great deal that came along, and ill try to pass it up. And if they wont work, im sure i could find someone on here to buy them.

Jonathan

Wow, if you've got three blocks to work with you are probably in good shape. If you can measure the taper in those blocks you could be 100% sure, but even if none of them are disassembled to measure it sounds to me like your odds are much better than just working with one block. You are also probably right about your ability to resell them if needed. I think it would be pretty hard to lose money on that piston deal!

I ended up not buying them. After assessing my current financial situation, i figured i was better off saving my money since ive got to pay fall tuition in a month. Although it was a hard deal to pass up, i did. I even got up early that morning before the auction ended and thought about it, but i think i made the best decision. Maybe next time.

Back