Holley 2300 350CFM-2V //stock 200CI/67 conv

A

Anonymous

Have great pics. Can someone let me know how to attach them[/img]

You've got to put the

If I press alt+p, the img comes up and can't get anywhere from there...I'm trying!![/img]

Keep in mind that the images have to be hosted on a server somewhere. You can't display images that are saved to your computer.

When you post, look to the left. There is a hyperlink for "BBCode is on". You can click that for instructions. Also, try clicking the FAQ at the top on the menu bar.

What I usually do is to type in or paste in the URL of the image, highlight it, they just click the Img box above the post box. That adds the img tags.

mustang6":2jxm6i4w said:
You've got to put the tags in by using the (alt + p) key combination, you can't type the tags in yourself. Looks the same, just works different.[/quote]

YOu can type them in. That's the way I've been doing it for years.

Slade

I think i finally figured this thing out....At least a way that I can let you see my pictures of the carb set-up.

As for now I have finished the setup, just a little different than you can see in the pics. Basically the same but better.

I only have one question about tuning the carb. Holly 2300...you can see the carb.....has both of the mixture screws and a curb idle screw....is there an approximate amout of turns for the mixture screws from all the way in?? the car runs awsome but for reasons that would take me awile to tell you about, i just want to make absolutely sure it's not running too rich, lean, etc....check out www.texasaero.com/users/jporter/

Thanks in advance...

Jeff Porter

Jeff, set your curb idle to what you want, then slowly turn the idle mixture screws 1 at a time to just get the idle to loose about 25 rpms,do this several times to flip flop from one side to another to fine tune. If the idle speed needs to be changed do it now, then go back to the mixture screws & again try to get a 25 rpm drop on the lean edge which is turning the idle screws clockwise to lean. Doing this for years with an air fuel meter it will get you very close to an ideal setting. Since you are using an adapter you can try 59 jets in place of the 61's which come stock in a 7448-350 cfm carb. Good,luck with your installation. :idea: william

I wanted to congratulate you on a nice clean conversion. That custom bent fuel line looks very solid. The angles on that linkage look a little extreme though, does the throttle move smoothly and without too much effort?

i'm presuming it's in a mustang.. but whats your hood clearance like? you run an air cleaner?

I can change the lenght of the rod(origional) that is connected to the rod from the gas pedal itself. I didn't need to do any mods at all to the origional setup right up to the carb. If you notice, I simply reversed the orig. part that the return spring is attached to and drilled a hole in it to accept the bolt that I used as the pivot point. It is working extremely well although my son is driving the car and would say anything works well after all the work we put in it. I have driven it a little and the only problem so far is that I need to find a better return spring. Makes a big difference on the feel of the pedal.

As for the lines, I didn't use any stainless. If you are talking about the new fuel line and vacuum line from the distributor, it was just some brake line that I bent with a tube bender. No problem...

I will try to get more pics up soon.

As for the air cleaner, I will explain later.

Back