Carter YFA, Where?

Nitroracer

Where can I find a good carter yf carb for sale? I'd like to try one of these out on my zephyr since it is largely a bolt on affair and will cost me under $100. The buy/sell part of the forums here doesn't appear to be too active and the junkyards around here don't have cars old enough to pull a carb from, just looking for other places to buy one from.

And when I find one will I have to mess with the jets to get it to run well on a 200 in a moderate climate?

Either Advance Auto parts or Autozoo should have rebuilts for about 100 bucks. That's not counting core charge.

Get one from a Ford F-150 w/ 300 six cylinder. They should bolt right on, from what I read and hear from others. Our intakes have the 1.75 inch bore, so it should flow just fine. I'll have to defer to more experienced and knowledgeable members for the exact how-to.

I was thinking about putting one on mine, but the Holley 1946 on it now works so well, I better leave it alone. The Accel coil has helped my fuel mileage, I can already tell that.

Back