a/c brackets

A

Anonymous

Looking for air conditioning brackets that will fit the 200 cid 6 cylinder engine. also will the brackets fit if I plan on running a after market set of exhaust headers

What kind of compressor will you be running? The companies selling the aftermarket a/c use mostly Sanden compressors, I think. They should have bracketry to fit.

My aftermarket kit came with new bracket. I built or welded on an additional 1.5 inches to accomadate the header wihich was purchased much later. There are very specific directions to making this add on to the bracket, provided on this forum. Caution: the a/c will put a strain on any older engine. Be Sure to Tune up and or rebuild your engine before adding ac. The header seemed to add a tremendous amount of horsepower increase which easily offset the strain from the ac.

I may have a set of pullys and original bracket in a week. Have a original 65 200 6 cyl compressor bracket right now.

I can tell you with the Classic Auto Air Perfit Fit system. The compressor will fit without problems, however the your alternator will not. We cut the ears of the original alternatnor and welded them the the Classic compressor bracket to move out the alternator and allow it to mount and pivot.

Mike

If you don't have power steering, I have a bracket that mounts the compressor on the drivers side of the engine. I got this at my local Pick & Pull from a Falcon that had an after market air conditioning. I thought I might need it someday. It had a York Compressor mounted to it, but on eBay they sell an adapter to mount a Sanden compressor to a York Bracket. I don't think I will ever have a car without power steering so I won't have any use for this one.

This is a pretty old post, but very pertinent to me!
I'm putting air conditioning on my 200 six. It's a must in AZ, especially if you want to drive it like I plan to.

I'm pretty sure the A/C and alternator bracket I have is like this one: http://www.alangrovecomponents.com/Six_ ... _Ford.html

Here's a picture
316R.jpg

Maybe this will help someone?

I was about to re-align the bracket to align both grooves in the AC with the waterpump and crank pulley. Then I saw that picture. Does that look OK to you guys? (I don't have power steering) but I do have a Classic Inlines stainless header. I think someone slightly modified the alternator mounting to clear the header.

Feel free to follow along! http://www.myrideisme.com/Blog/tag/63-ford-falcon-project/
Thanks!
pikesan

Here's what it looks like in my build. Made some stand-offs to move the alternator away from the header. Came out pretty good! The longer belt needs to be about 1/2" shorter, but other than that, it's time to clean and paint.

ac-alt-setup.jpg

It looks like the alternator is still sitting on the header. It's just the angle. There's 4" between them.

Just saw a maverick with a 200 at leons junkyard in culpeper va, was on the drivers side, lots of old iron

Back