Dowel pin at front deck surface of block on 200,& cam sp

wsa111

Distributor Recurving.
Staff member
VIP
Approved Vendor
Supporter 2018
Gentleman, i need help. Is there a dowel pin that goes at the front of the cylinder block on the deck surface to align with a hole in the cylinder head for alignment. Since i had my block decked, i believe the machine shop failed to put the dowel back in the block. Any help would be appreciated.
Second, where can you purchase the spacer ring which goes between the camshaft & the timing gear just in back of the camshaft dowel pin & then the camshaft thrust place gets bolted to the block? Thanks William :unsure:: :idea:

Your motor never had dowel pins; I made some studs out of all thread to help guid mine on. ;)

Sleeper, Nothing like answering your own question, but you are right. There is a small coolant hole in the head gasket at that .312 hole at the front deck surface of the block.
thanks again for your awareness & knowledge. William
But if anyone knows of a supplier for the spacer at the front of the camshaft behind the timing gear dowel pin, please advise

Bill, I can't find the post but one of the guys once used an exhaust valve seat as a spacer. Right diameter and thickness. Check a machine shop.

Back