Guess My HP, See the RESULTS Updated 7/22/04

HELLO MARCO

.....I BELIEVE YOU WILL HAVE TO CHECK IT BEFORE THE FOG LIFTS OR YOU WILL LOSE ABOUT 8 HP. SO CHECK FIRST THINK IN THE MORNING AND THE CAM WILL GIVE YOU .... MY GUESS... 112 HP AT THE WHEELS.

.....THAT CAM SHOULD HOLD YOU IN THERE ABOVE 5,000 RPMS AND THAT WILL GIVE YOU YOUR EXTRA HP.

..... WE CAN'T WAIT BUT,............ARE STILL WAITTING....!

LIVE IN GRACE

LEROY POLL

PS. DENNIS YOUR 221 WITH THE ARGIE HEAD SHOULD GO 140 HP.

No numbers yet. I still didn't get a chance to go. Something always comes up.

I was planning on this week but I decided to change my radiator and am getting ready for 100+ degree weather in Reno. 100+ degree's does not sound bad to many. But, when you add that to 5,000 other cars at Hot August Nights all trying to get to basically the same place you see a lot of cars overheating :)

I have an appointment for Thursday the 22nd at 2pm (Pacifc Time) for the Dyno. So, lets see what numbers I hit. I don't have very high expectations so if the numbers are low I won't be dissapointed.

Look for a post later that evening with a pic of the dyno chart. :)

Do you have blinker fluid injection in that motor cause if u do there 200 hp right there. lol jk... ahh i guess about 125 hp with 160lbs ft of torque

You are horsepower limited only by the surface area of your car. At 5HP per sticker, and just for a SWAG, say 500 stickers to cover the car... I'd guess 2500 Ponies. Make sure the stickers are red. Red ones go faster.

And the stickers reduce drag and add downforce when needed, just like the Type-R stickers on the imports!

Add a duckfart muffler, and you're up over 3K! :shock: :shock: The Tooth Fairy told me so. :roll:

Sans Superstickers(TM), maybe 128HP and 171 ft-lbs.

Disclaimer: SWAGs not based in this reality.

Looking forward to hearing the actual the numbers.

--mikey

What Brand of Those mufffler bearing are you runnin cause if im not mistaken if u got em round thingys that go on the other thing that cause that one part to move then u got like 1500 horse power now add the blinker fluid pump and an oversized blinker fluid resevor then ur right at about 2500 horse. Just messin with u guys.

Well my scanner seems to die in the middle of scanning so I cann't post the Dyno Sheet. But...

137 HP and 158.8 Torque

This is with my timing set at 14 degrees. Next time I go I will try bumping it up to 16.

Marco:
Since your car and mine are almost identical twins, I take these numbers to apply to mine as well 8)

Sounds good... corroborates my feeling about the power of these engines.I always assumed about 170 HP at the flywheel. Felt it by the seat of my pants. Good work Marco.

Rick

Excellent result. I assume the aussie 2V 250 which is rated at 170HP is at the fly wheel not RW. Can anyone confirm this?

250 2V is 170 hp Gross Flywheel hp. If the so called 240 hp 302C hadn't been around, it would have been rated as 195 hp gross. A 2v 250 is as fast as a 302C 2bbl, and heaps quicker off the line.

It's about the same as the 1983 4.1 XE EFI , at 149-150 hp DIN net. Tim thrashed the info out of me with a big stick last year in the Hardcore forum.

The rear wheel figure on a dyno is often 1.265 off the flywheel net figure.

Ricksmol gets the retro spective prize, but by my reckoning, the guy who said

132 HP without sticker and 137 HP with sticker ;)

Later,

Doug, you are either a clairvoyant or know your 200's real well. kcStanger, man you are close too. I guess 125 to 135 is a range.

Does anyone know if theres was a sticker on the car while it was dynoe'd?

Well done amigos!

First, congrats I believe those are the best dyno numbers posted in this forum. One question where are you at in terms of altitude? I'm about 4500ft above see level and with a simliar setup and wondering if I should expect simliar results or less if you are at or near sea level.

Second, who won? I guessed 130! That's pretty dam close!!!

Need some 1/4 mile times with that 2.80 rear end.

Marco
Great dyno number's congrats! Looks like that cam is worth an extra 25HP over a stock cam in the 200 sixes. keep up the good work and enjoy your new ride 8)

what's your compression ratio at again?

I'm about the same, except for a 4V Holley 390. I'm trying to get to the dyno for results.

Slade

Back