Guess My HP, See the RESULTS Updated 7/22/04

65coupei6

Famous Member
Staff member
VIP
I will hopefully Dyno my car next week. So, lets see if anyone can predict Rear Wheel HP. Remember my earlier numbers were 82hp (152 lbs. torque) with a log head (3 angle valve job), 1100 carb, stock cam, Pertronix Ignition, and MSD 6A.

My new setup is:
Aussie 2V Head w/port divider
4 angle valve job
shimmed springs
Adjustable Rockers, 1.5
9.6 compression
Holley 350
Dual-Pattern Cam, 260 Intake/270 Exhaust .420/.440 lift, 110 lobe
Dual Roller Timing Chain
6 Quart Oil Pan
Duraspark II Distributor, Flame Thrower Coil, MSD 6A, MSD Wires, NGK Plugs
Coated Single Out Headers, 2 1/4 exhaust, dual out muffler
C4 with Shift Kit
2.80 rear
Royal Purple 20/50 engine oil

Custom Made Ford Six Racing Sticker (Add another + 5hp :shock: )

114HP

oops I forgot this

65coupei6":1x8ghkcm said:
Custom Made Ford Six Racing Sticker (Add another + 5hp :shock: )
but I think closer to 9HP Marco.

My best guess is 123rwhp.

DB

Marco:
I do not know what your HP will be but since your car and mine are twins (from your description) I will finally know my HP. 8) :LOL:

Rick

I do not have a racing sticker...take off some HP from mine.

132 HP without sticker and 137 HP with sticker ;)

Later,

Doug

As the only guy on this board that has had a dynojet done on a Aussie 2V's I'd say from that build up and using a Holley 350 my money is on 110-112 HP to the rear wheels! Man I'd like to say more but that's too small of a carb! :cry:

125-135 to the ground, given Mustangroos numbers. My guess is the cam will do it for ya.

But the real question is how much torque it will put out. I say about 170 lb/ft to the ground.

8)
3,000 hp and 5,000 lbs hey we can all dream can`t we
a pittance in the state of modern top fuel tech. if you are going to dream, dream big! 6500hp, and not enough dyno capacity to measure the torque!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

The rule is. If you engine is just a US OHV six with about 115 bhp net at the flywheel, the specific out put is only around 35 hp for every liter (115hp/3.270 liters). So it would have about 185 lb-ft. Power would be at about 4600 rpm, and torque at 3000 rpm or so

Go to this table: XECUTE RULZE KO?

If engine has 23 hp/liter, max torque is twice the max power, at half the rpm that the power arrives at.

If engine has 35 hp/liter, max torque is 1.625 times the max power, at half to 2/3rds the rpm that the power arrives at.

If engine has 46 hp/liter, max torque is 1.25 times the max power, at 2/3rds to 3/4 ters the rpm that the power arrives at.

If engine has 61 hp/liter [ one net hp per cubic inch!], max torque is 1.0625 times the max power, at 2/3rds to 3/4 ters the rpm that the power arrives at.

If engine has 71 hp/liter [ one net hp per cubic inch!], max torque is 0.969 times the max power, at 2/3rds to 3/4 ters the rpm that the power arrives at.

If engine has 81 hp/liter [ 460 hp Gen 111, anyone?], max torque is 0.875 times the max power, at 2/3rds to 3/4 ters the rpm that the power arrives at.

Last edited by DBzOkole on Wed May 21, 2003 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total
:roll: Dennis, did you edit your prediction after I posted? :nono: :LOL:

No, DBzOkole's safe. (y)

But Jack has an imported European device for those who think they are cunning... :unsure:

Guillotine_anim.gif

Why do you think I'm called XECUTE?
http://www.inlinepages.com/~fordsixpics/hwyman.jpg

addo":2kxw9jai said:
Last edited by DBzOkole on Wed May 21, 2003 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total
:roll: Dennis, did you edit your prediction after I posted? :nono: :LOL:

Adam,

I did my original guess was 114, I forgot about the sticker that's waaay more than 5HP maybe closer to 9HP. So I changed it right away, then found a typo and edited again. Anyhow minus the sticker 114.

DB

Thanks to Mustangroo we know a pretty much stock 200 with an Aussie head will be around 105. So the question is what is the 4 angle valve job worth with your cam and a Holley 350. I don't know what compression ratio Mustangroo is running so for now we will just assume it's the same. I'm going to guess that even with the 350 carb the valve job and cam will be worth an extra 20 and 25 horses. I will go with 130.

125ish rwhp. I cant find the formula, but does anyone remember how to determine optimum cfm for a engine. I seem to remember 480cfm was good for a mild 289. So what does it work out for on a 200? How much actual cfm does a 350 flow vs a 500?

what tranny you running?

i swear my c4 eats about half my power out of my engine..... i drove a 66 stang with a 3 speed with a 6 in it and seem to have a lot more power then mine.

soo my guess is that if you get 120rwhp then youll put 240 at flywheel ;)

350 cfm should be fine for a 200ci at least if you do the math that is what it comes out to

Back