3x1 1100's

flash_point01

I tried a search without much luck so here it is. I have a 1101 coming and plan on two more 1100's for a 3x1 set up. will this be too much? My end plan includes a decked block, milled head with all the fixings, flat top pistons, 10-1 CR, 264-112* cam, and all the other stuff to make her run right. Thanks

3x1bbls should feed your engine just fine
i'm not sure if the 1100 or 1101 had different CFM ratings, have you checked into that? it might be an issue, but it might not be

i've seen a couple setup with 1100's. PM "60s Refugee", he had an 1100 and two holleys on his. and he's working on getting 3 1100's on it right now.

different flow ratings shouldnt be an issue as long as the outboards are identical, the center can be whatever it wants.

Jessica has 3 1100s on her 200, check her posts and pictures. We have not had to touch them in over a year and it is her daily driver back and forth to school and every where else. Super reliable and runs really well. Find manual choke versions, they fit better. The outers are off 170 truck motors and the center is off a 240 truck motor. The center flows more, larger venturi. Let us know if you have any questions.
Greg (Jett's Dad)

I used 1100s when I ran the Offy set up. Worked well. I used an automatic choke on the center. The other ones I stripped of the choke mechanisms (they were auto). You have to go either manual or strip the automatic choke on at least the front one due to a very tight clearance. I used an 1100 for an automatic transmission for the middle carb, and manual transmission ones for the outers.

I didn't have many problems, I just decided to go a little more simple with the Oz250 set up.

Back