Rookie Mistake..DUI Plug Wires

'68falconohio

I've already searched the forum, and everyone's running livewires

Okay, I didn't order the LiveWires when I ordered my DUI distributor. Now, I have one better, I had the dizzy shipped to my house an hour away by accident(stupid billing address) and I'm in college in columbus. Well, it's really hard for me to get home and back in a timely manner, and it's not feasible, and I'd like to know what wires will connect properly? I'm trying to round up the rest of the parts I need to assemble the engine because my machinist will be done mid week. I'm going to try to drop the engine in on Saturday!!!! :D:D Honestly, I'm trying to support the CI site by buying things when I can, but I didn't buy the LiveWires because I was banking on finding a set of plug wires a little bit cheaper from another source, and if it's from local Advance or NAPA, there's no shipping. This engine build has been expensive and I need to save as much money as possible.

I've already searched the forum, and everyone seems to be running LiveWires.

So my question is do HEI wires work fine with our DUI dizzy? My buddy said he has a set of MSD HEI StreetFire wires he would lend me which would save some money 'til summer hits and I can start working full time.

Thanks for the helps guys, this forum is awesome.

When I purchased my wires from Jegs, I got a set of HEI wires that were speced out for a Chevy. They work great. Should be ok for your setup.

I just order some high performance v8 8mm wires from ebay 4 20 bucks haven't installed it yet because I just got them and they fit. I just can't to see what difference the dui makes from a stock dizzy.

If you are looking at a high performance wire the Livewires are a fairly decent price, however I believe most HEI ones will fit as they use the same style cap.

Back