three carbs??

sodak_STANG":66ydjd0m said:
how do i do the three 2bbl carb. thing and how much power is to gain from it. is it worth the money

The machinist I know calls it - horsepower per cubic dollar - definitely worth it 8) .

Three two barrels would be quite a site, only an engine with a lot of other major ( $$ ) mods would require that much carbs., cool idea I hope to see soon...

Have Fun

Powerband

three progressive two barrels hooked synchronously,,, hmmm,,, all that would fit with 4412 was 1bbl's:

COMET1909sAND7448CARBS.jpg

powerband":3gd0d2s5 said:
sodak_STANG":3gd0d2s5 said:
three progressive two barrels hooked synchronously,,, hmmm,,, all that would fit with 4412 was 1bbl's:

what if you made custom adapters to turn them all facing 90* in the other direction like the mopar 6pack setup. im sure that would give you more room but you would need to redo you whole throttle linkage and fuel lines

ok im not at all familiar witrh mopar or their six pack but i would just need need to build 2 adaptors tho bolt on to the tri carb manifold right and also when u say the 2bbls wouldnt fit do u mean the actual carbs wouldnt or the aircleaners wouldnt. cuz someone makes that elongated aircleaner to cover all three carbs right??? :unsure:

you would need 3 adapters one for each of the carb openings because all 3 openings are 1brl openings. also yes there are aircleaners for 3 2brl carbs but they are more for the mopar 6pack setup which have the carbs very close together and i dont know if the spacing would be the same or not and i believe when he said they wouldnt fit he meant that they wouldnt physically fit next to each other in the orientation that the current 1brl to 2brl adapters place the carb

I'd still say two Weber 40 IDA 3C carbs (porsche Weber) in line, direct mount, would make for one neat setup.

I might be just daydreaming, tho.

You could machine the intake for triple 40DCOE sidedraft webers.
Or triple SUs.
Wouldn't have to worry about hood clearance; and it's been done before, in the 60's.

Back