Any of this worth trying on our 6's [ebay auction]

8) these are model 2100 autolite carbs. they are usually found on V8's. they can work on our six's with either an adaptor, or modifying the intake log to accept one as a bolt on deal. there is someone who has done this with a 2300 holley carb. i just dont remember who. they are an ok buy if the can be rebuilt cheaply.

yea it was mustang geezer who did it. does anyone know how hard and what is involved in making our intakes adapt to a 2v carb??? has anyone else done it on this forum???

ponyrider66

All most any carb will fit if you custon make a adapter!
1. I don't think any one makes a Holly 2V to 1.5 or 1.75 log adapter?
2. Stovebolt and Clifford sell adapters for the HOLLY 5200/38-38 Weber!
a. Much smaller bolt pattern than regular 2V holly carb.
b. Not sure about Holly 2300 size?
3. The bore's on the 350/500 Holly are larger than the log intake!
a. You would probly lose a lot of low end torque with these large carb
bore's from these models, when mounted to the log head!
b. You would be better off with the large YF 300 carb from 300 6L.

4. When I first installed my Holly 5200 (weber 32/36) I used the
Stovebolt adapter and custom linkage and got great performance
and many miles more per gallon than the stock 1V.
5. Of course this advise is free, so you get what you pay for!

Like I said any carb will fit, you just have to make a custon adapter!
2V4.jpg

That sure looks nice ;) How many hours in that project? :shock:
2V5.jpg

Ben,

Way more time than I care to count!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Probably between the machining, portin & polishin, makin adapter plates, setting up linkage adapting the carb and aircleaner......realistically between 50-60 hours :shock: :shock:

Later,

Doug

Howdy Back CC and All:

We've been using the Autolite 2100 two barrels for quite some time now. We got turned onto adapting them from an old Hot Rod article series in which Ak Miller went after the, then new, Mustang Six. He modified the intake log, by milling off the stock one barrel carb mount, oblonging the hole, tapping an aluminum plate and mounting it to the log, then mounting the carb onto the plate. Add a cable linkage and a V8 air cleaner and tune to your tastes.

This is a much better option than a larger one barrel. Two smaller venturis give much better fuel atomization and a stromger vacuum signal, for better idle, transitions and a two barrel has more cfm for WOT. It is no longer stock appearing though.

This has been covered before, but to recap, the Autolite 2100 is a cost saving Autolite/Motorcraft/FoMoCo clone of the Holley 2300. They are no longer available new, but are easily obtainable in the recycle yards and rebuild kits are cheap. They were used on a jillion FoMoCo cars and trucks in the 60s, 70s and early 80s. They are available in the rebuilt/remanufactured market and, typically, much cheaper then Holleys. Some Holley parts interchange; Power valve and electic choke, but, unfortunately, not jets.

The pluses of the 2100 Autolite over the 2300 Holley are annular discharge venturi boosters for better idle and transition, dual bowl vents, no gasket seams below the fuel level, and they come in eight different sizes ranging from 190 cfm to 424 cfm. We're currently using 1.08 venturis on Dennis' hot 200 and my 250. The 1.08s flow 287 CFM and seem about right for most 200 applications. I have a 1.21 that I'm going to try next summer on my 250. It is rated at 351 cfm. These ratings are at 1 and 2 barrel standards at .3 of an inch of pressure.

I believe Holley two barrels carbs are rated at 4 barrel standards at .1 of an inch of pressure drop. To be comparable a Holley 350 would be rated at 250 cfm, and the 500 at 357cfm, which puts them right in the ball park for use on our 200/250 sixes.

I don't mean to imply that Autolites are better than Holleys. Holleys are great, I've got several. I love them. They are very tuneable. They are available new and any speed/parts store has parts for them. Doug's set-up looks awesome.

Both brands suffer from an application specific idle circuit range. If the idle screw adjustment is in the range of your application great, but if not, you must go inside, through sealed caps to open up the idle restriction channel and then reseal the opening. It is a scary, trial and error proposition.

Clifford and some other Co. make and market funnel adaptors for mounting these carbs on a stock log. Be sure to specify your carb hole size when ordering. Adaptors do cause a hood clearance concern.

Adios, David

Back