The start of my I6 upgrades

65-coupe

Well I bought my 65 mustang about three months ago. I did a tune up on right after I got it. That made it run alot better the plugs where really bad. The car still likes to hesitate off and on when starting from a start. It runs great all the other time. SO I decieded to start to make it better (I did think about changing out to a 302). So far I bought a DUI ignition and a weber 32/36 carb that will be it for now. I will be installing them in about a week or so. Hopefully around the first of the year I can get headers and a new exhaust. Hopefully this will help it run better and get a few more horses. Any feedback would be great about what I am doi

Sounds good to me, as for your hesitation, mine does that too because of a bum accelerator pump. swapping to a 32/36 will fix that.

65-coupe,

Helpful hint. Place in your signature area or profile where you are located. That way in the future if you need some help or parts, forum members will know how close they are to you.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the Forum!

sounds like you got a keeper ;)

x2 on the accell pump, the 2bbl carb will help alot and give mroe top end.
the DUI is great and simple, make sure to take out the resistor wire so you can get a full 12v. but it sounds like you know what your doing.

maybe in the furture you can swap to electric fan, you'll increase your mileage and get more performance, I got a highway increase of 4.5mpg more. city I think I would see some if I drove better...

65-coupe":kvqly4jd said:
The car still likes to hesitate off and on when starting from a start
IDK so I'm asking, a cold start or a stop light start, if it's fine at stop lights and only hesitates cold check your tranny fluid level, and possibly your oil level. the other thing to think about is the float level in the carb. but if every stop then I agree with Invectivus the accel pump could be shot... it's just a few suggestions that I have found related to hesitation.

Good luck

Welcome to the forum AND site 65-coupe. Lotta good guys here, helped me w/time AND money!

Guys -
Less than 3 mo and he's already got 'the fever' (prts buyin)!
:eek:

The I6 is easy to work on (less expensive too?), glad you'll keep it. Is it the 200? Hope you become informed about it's introduction, 'cousins' (I'm into all 6), evolution, history, and latest performance upgrades. My enthusiasm for those simple matters has led me to become move familiar with the other components of automobiles.

Back